What's new

Christmas Contest - three winners!

Warning--Long
When I was young (5ish) my father moved my mother and 2 brothers to California from New Orleans. He then promptly disappeared. My mother was left with no job, no friends, no family, but with 3 boys, infant, 5, and 11. We literally had nothing, no tree, presents, dinner. My mom had been telling us that maybe Santa wouldn't be able to find us in California so not to be disappointed if there weren't presents. My brother was in scouts and a few days before Christmas we went to his troop meeting. There was a magnificent tree at the meeting and my mom told my older brother and I to go after the meeting and get it out of the trash and bring it to our apartment. We did but the tree wasn't there. dejected we went home. Christmas Eve a neighbor invited us over for dinner. when we got home the tree from the meeting was in our apartment beautifully decorated and the room was full of presents, including a red fire truck that was at the top of my list for Santa. I realized that year how real Santa is.
I'm in!

Christmas morning 1987 @ 0500.

I was walking out the back door of the police station when one of my buddies asked what I was gonna do for the last 2 hours of the shift. My response was that I was gonna go get into a pursuit!!
20 minutes later I tried stopping a pickup with a camper. The violation was a defective tail light.
As soon as I activated my lights the chase was on.
Long story short, I got my wish for my 1st Christmas as a police officer!! A pursuit!!
Why did he run?????
Drum roll please

In the camper was........

1,042 pounds of Marihuana!!

I’m serious!!!

Now that was a Christmas I will never forget!!

Perhaps that was their secret ingredient for holiday baking.

Scott your generosity is amazing and I am in love with the Venture line.

The joy of celebrating Christmas with our children, especially when they were little. Reading the Christmas story, praying together and then each of them opening their three presents (Gold Frankincense and Myrrh). Myrrh being a gift for their body, Frankincense is a gift to inspire worship and Gold being the more costly gift which serves to remind them that love is costly.

Should I win ShavePastor shall receive it in my stead please.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Warning--Long
When I was young (5ish) my father moved my mother and 2 brothers to California from New Orleans. He then promptly disappeared. My mother was left with no job, no friends, no family, but with 3 boys, infant, 5, and 11. We literally had nothing, no tree, presents, dinner. My mom had been telling us that maybe Santa wouldn't be able to find us in California so not to be disappointed if there weren't presents. My brother was in scouts and a few days before Christmas we went to his troop meeting. There was a magnificent tree at the meeting and my mom told my older brother and I to go after the meeting and get it out of the trash and bring it to our apartment. We did but the tree wasn't there. dejected we went home. Christmas Eve a neighbor invited us over for dinner. when we got home the tree from the meeting was in our apartment beautifully decorated and the room was full of presents, including a red fire truck that was at the top of my list for Santa. I realized that year how real Santa is.
I'm in!
Beautiful story. Warmed my heart. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Let me draw this to a close now and announce the three winners selected by random.org. But first, a favorite memory: Having newly married into the family I got nominated to be Santa one year. Loved having the little kids telling me what they want, etc. Fun stuff.

In order, selected first through third:

1. MartyM - $50.00 gift certificate
2. Rhody - $40.00 gift certificate
3. gwsmallwood - $30.00 gift certificate

Congratulations to each of our winners and thank you to all of you who shared their favorite Christmas memory.

A Merry Christmas to each of you!

~ The Captain

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks very Much Captain! What a generous contest. I am absolutely thrilled. i also enjoyed reading everyone's stories. :)

Let me draw this to a close now and announce the three winners selected by random.org. But first, a favorite memory: Having newly married into the family I got nominated to be Santa one year. Loved having the little kids telling me what they want, etc. Fun stuff.

In order, selected first through third:

1. MartyM - $50.00 gift certificate
2. Rhody - $40.00 gift certificate
3. gwsmallwood - $30.00 gift certificate

Congratulations to each of our winners and thank you to all of you who shared their favorite Christmas memory.

A Merry Christmas to each of you!

~ The Captain
Now comes the hard part of figuring out what to use it on. I've been eyeballing those copper lather bowls, but I really want to try the Venture, too. What do I do?

Top Bottom