What's new

Chili Time!

Chili in Malaysia usually is just soup. However, here's an excellent recipe from my good friend Junior: http://www.deltablues.net/chili.html

I don't however do this on a campfire like him. Tried it in a huge wok (yep, thats the only thing we need over here) and in a pressure cooker. Both turned out well. Substituted good australian beef for the venison, canned plum tomatoes and McCormick's Cajun Spice in liberal dosages. Oh wait..and I use this too:

proxy.php

burn your arse chili!

Powder? :lol:

I roast my own fresh poblanos, jalapenos, serranos, anaheims and toss them in a blender with some water. Makes a far superior chili.

No more powders for me.

haha...sorry, if I had access to those same peppers I would do the same thing too. Only thing we have here are normal red chillis and bird eye chillis.

I also favor chipotle chillies for chili, I grow my own hot peppers in summer and allow some of my jalapenos to fully ripen and smoke them myself, then they along with my other peppers and herbs get hung in the kitchen to carry me through till next season. Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned cinnamon for their chili. I find it to be absolutely essential. I grind my own spice base per batch from whole toasted cumin seeds, dried Mexican oregano, black pepper, cinnamon and a pinch of coco-powder. To this I add the chillies. If I'm going all out I use dried beans and a chuck roast cut into cubes instead of canned beans and ground beef. By the time the beans start to cook down the beef partially shreds, the beef flavor is better as is the texture.:001_tt1:

Last edited:
I love chili. I grew up in the south and there are loads of chili styles. My favorite "chili" is my mom's chicken chili.

It's turkey meat, kidney beans, with onions, some herbs in a chicken broth. put a couple of jalepenos in it. Awesome.

Top Bottom