What's new

Check 6 - Colorectal cancer awareness month

My scope is due this August. Thanks to good genes my teeth, blood sugar, and colon are better than they have a right to be. They gave me a 10 year warranty after my last scope. Unfortunately, my genetics also apply to my eyesight and that's horrid.

If you don't want to put your body thru a colonoscopy, ask your doctor for a Cologuard test. You get sent a box, put your poop in the supplied container, and drop it off to USP. Only if there's a problem, will you need the colonoscopy. Because of my family history, with a dad and his father dying of rectal cancer, I've undergone both over 40 years. My wife (70s) refused to undergo a colonoscopy. She recently did the Colorguard and her results were fine. Far better than ignoring.

Polyps found the last 2 times. Colon cancer moves pretty slowly so every 5 years isn't so bad. It's a good way to lose weight.

Polyps found the last 2 times. Colon cancer moves pretty slowly so every 5 years isn't so bad. It's a good way to lose weight.
Glad you were screened. Unfortunately colon cancer can progressive relatively quickly depending on circumstances so it is nothing to take lightly. If caught early it has one of the better outcomes of cancers.

My father, a construction worker and Seabee on Pacific islands during WW2, died at 50 of colon/rectal cancer misdiagnosed in the early 1950s as hemorrhoids. His father, a boilermaker in the 1920/30s, died of colon/rectal cancer at 70. Because of my family history, and working environmental enforcement, I was getting checked regularly since I was 30. Polyps were found my first two times, but nothing since. Since retirement, I just do the Cologuard test every 10 years or so.

Gentlemen, thank you all for sharing and doing your part to spread awareness this month. Have a blessed weekend and Lord willing I will be back around next year to remind everyone. If you don't do it for yourselves do it for those you love.

Top Bottom