What's new

Cella is great.

Quick shipping got me a fresh red tub of cella today. Since I hate the small tub, I transferred into a larger tub. Stuff spreads nicely with a butter knife....i almost wanted to lick the knife afterwards 😋
If you did, you could join this club:
😆

A kilo of Cella is one of 3 of my go to soaps, the others are Vito's kilo and sticks of Arko bowl pressed. A kilo of Cella lasts over 2 years. I just keep the bulk in the fridge along with Vito's just to keep it fresh, cut off a piece as needed. on my 3rd kilo. Vito's is about the same as Cella, hard choice to pick one over the other.

After vacuum sealing it, do you have to keep it in the freezer to make it last long? I had a soft italian soap and it went bad from being out in a hot tropical/humid climate. Lasted about a year before it turned yellow and the smell went off. I guess I have to keep it in a cooler temperature?

After vacuum sealing it, do you have to keep it in the freezer to make it last long? I had a soft italian soap and it went bad from being out in a hot tropical/humid climate. Lasted about a year before it turned yellow and the smell went off. I guess I have to keep it in a cooler temperature?
It should be kept cool in a sealed container in a dark place. Heat, oxygen and light are the main things to avoid in storing this soap.

It doesn't have to be frozen, refrigerated is fine. In a cooler climate, a basement closet would be all right.

If you did, you could join this club:
😆
Is one required to taste a sample directly from the tub, or does licking some lather from the lips during a shave qualify?

(Asking for a friend.)

Is one required to taste a sample directly from the tub, or does licking some lather from the lips during a shave qualify?

(Asking for a friend.)
I can't say for certain, but I have a feeling most of the brotherhood aren't quite so far gone as to have tasted the soap directly from the tub. Then again, who knows what shaving crazies might do. Heck, some even like Arko! 😁

Cella Red on my side - been using it for couple months now (bought the puck size for tryout), still trying hard to make a hole in it :D Seems to be quite economical from my experience, surface just got flattened but not even a 1 mm drop in level. Wonderful scent, slick, I prefer to make lather more slickly rather than thick and dense, but works great anyhow. Almost that whenever I use Cella - I don't need any other conditioner or aftershave balm at all. Would invest in 1kg brick but it will probably last me too much if not got bad eventually :)

what aftershave goes well with the original red cella? pinaud clubman maybe?
The Cella scent just rinses away at the end. It's a good match with any traditional barbershop type fragrance. Some other Clubman choices like Classic Vanilla or Citrus Musk will also work. Speick, 4711, Florida Water, etc. will work, too.

First shave with Cella (Red) for me today - lovely stuff. Easy to load and lather & wonderful Marzipan/Amaretto smell of course... missed the extra lanolin slickness of Mitchell's Wool fat but i suspect that can easily be fixed by freezing Cella and grating with MWF for another great shave stick to go with my 50/50 MWF/Arko 'Woolko' sticks. (Next trip to UK or Us I'll pick up a 1kg block ;-) )

Think I'll name it 'Mitchella' :straight:

I would really like to sample red box Cella. Not sure if this is the right place, but do any of you know a dealer that sells samples?

Top Bottom