What's new

Getting Started Wetshaving ~ Tutorial

This is one of my favorite guides, but the pics are no longer available. I think they would be an additional help to those of us that are trying to perfect our lather.

Any idea why the pics are not still available?

N

nofa

I'm preparing to take the DE plunge... Thank you, rusirius for this guide. But, could you (or someone) bring the pictures back? I think I'll need any help I can get.

From the original post...

Which part of the razor should start parallel to what? Handle to floor (handle pointing away from your face) or head to face (handle pointing to the ground)?

I would assume you would start with the handle parallel to your face (so the safety bar is against your skin), then widen the angle (moving the end of the handle away from your face) until the blade and safety bar are both against your face. Is that correct?

You have it reversed. Try it on your arm to see the angle.

greatt resource!!
Just picked up a Merkur HD and with merkur blades...and ive been using my vulfix to whip up lather for about a week now...gonna head to the bathroom for my first REAL shave...wish me luck!

Simply outstanding! I have been learning the DE way for about three weeks and this is a great summary that I will referring to in the coming weeks as I develop my skills. Thank you for the great post.

good advices, Greg, I think you synthesied very very well all wet shavers should know at any moment in day and night. We are expecting you with other posts at least good as this one..:thumbup:

Thanks for the thorough info!!!
There is a ton of info here and this will certainly help with my future endevours...

What a great post tyvm!

I am new to DE shaving and have taken your advice on some products.

Merkur HD
Derby blades

But have gone with a Proraso (Omega?) Boar brush and Proraso soap. Hope it all works out lol. Mainly because I love all things Italian, and when in doubt, go Italian!

What a great post tyvm!

I am new to DE shaving and have taken your advice on some products.

Merkur HD
Derby blades

But have gone with a Proraso (Omega?) Boar brush and Proraso soap. Hope it all works out lol. Mainly because I love all things Italian, and when in doubt, go Italian!

+1 All things Italia, I very much agree.

Top Bottom