What's new

Cella is great.

Great to hear all the cella love - it and a few other classics are up next when I can use up some soaps. Can't wait!

P S. What are the two different scent profiles? Is the red similar to Proraso red?

Great to hear all the cella love - it and a few other classics are up next when I can use up some soaps. Can't wait!

P S. What are the two different scent profiles? Is the red similar to Proraso red?
Red is a traditional Italian shaving soap almond scent. Similar to that almond flavoring used for cakes and cookies.

Green is a light modern cologne type scent vaguely similar to Creed Aventus, Mont Blac Explorer, etc.

The scent does not linger after shaving for either variety.

Well all of you fine enablers did it again...Cella just ordered from Pasteur! Can't wait to try it.

1649591110665.png

I shaved with Cella every day for the ffftm last month and it's my new daily soap. Buy the 2.2 pound block for about $35 and your good for a year or longer.

With others for variety of course.

Do you wrap the soap pieces in paper or something before putting them in the plastic bags? I've seen some people use butcher paper or wax paper for this.
I don't, but I did consider it during this vacuum sealing session. The hard part is keeping the paper in contact with the soap. Wax paper or cooking parchment is really not designed to form to shapes. I've never had a problem with the soap chunk releasing from the vacuum pack.

On another note, vacuum sealing is not necessary to preserve a kilo of soap. I used to wrap the unused portion of the kilo in the plastic the soap is wrapped in, and put it back in the box in the cupboard with no problems; I think a Ziploc plastic bag would work, too. Light and air are your soap's enemies. I'm a boring minimalist who only uses one soap; a kilo of Vitos lasts me about 2 years.

I cut off whatever size I need and transfer it to the smaller container. Then wrap the rest tightly in the original
packaging, back in the box. Some people keep the extra refridgerated, some don't.

I live in a hot climate so I keep my extra in the back of the fridge to be safe.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don't, but I did consider it during this vacuum sealing session. The hard part is keeping the paper in contact with the soap. Wax paper or cooking parchment is really not designed to form to shapes. I've never had a problem with the soap chunk releasing from the vacuum pack.

On another note, vacuum sealing is not necessary to preserve a kilo of soap. I used to wrap the unused portion of the kilo in the plastic the soap is wrapped in, and put it back in the box in the cupboard with no problems; I think a Ziploc plastic bag would work, too. Light and air are your soap's enemies. I'm a boring minimalist who only uses one soap; a kilo of Vitos lasts me about 2 years.
Good to know I don’t also have to buy a vacuum sealer machine to go with my shave soap 🤪

I came in to place on record my vote for Cella. I had cut up a chunk from a Cella Red block and used it exclusively with an Omega Boar in March till the last weekend. It is very easy to make some really slick lather with a little loading. a little goes a long way. It is a nice scent and has good post shave feel. I have heard of some folks developing an allergy to the scent ingredient or some soap ingredient. Other than that - a brilliant soap made since so long ago in the same traditional method.

Only down side is to preserve this large brick without it going rancid, but its a soap one can happily live with ever after !

The Club Cella thread needs some love !

Last edited:
I just slice it in to 1” squares and lay the cubes in a row on wax paper. After a row, roll the wax paper so next row is isolated from that row and continue. The wax paper is only to keep the soap from sticking to each other. You could use plastic wrap or similar for this also. Put it in a zip lock bag, squeeze out the air and put it in the fridge. Done.
I suppose you could leave a corner open and suck out more air before sealing but I don’t.

I 'love' the Cella performance while only 'liking' the Cella scent. That said I always seem to reach for it when I absolutely positively want a drama-free shave so obviously, the 'performance' aspect keeps me a loyal customer.

Lol I heard there’s a support group for that! Lol
I attended a meeting, but the snacks were coffee and marzipan cookies. Not only that, but some of the other members seemed to have a bit of (suspiciously lathery) foam at their mouths when they returned from the bathroom. I'm not sure if the group is intended to wean people off tasting Cella or encourage it! 😁

Top Bottom