What's new

CDC: Cult de Candre

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am using MdC daily. My 200g of Fougere is still very near the top of its jar despite daily use since Christmas. About three seconds of loading provides oodles (technical term) of great lather. I have Agrumes on the way, but according to Fed Ex it has been in their Hutchins facility for five days. Whiskey tango foxtrot? Sorry to vent about an issue that is not even a real problem.

I am using MdC daily. My 200g of Fougere is still very near the top of its jar despite daily use since Christmas. About three seconds of loading provides oodles (technical term) of great lather. I have Agrumes on the way, but according to Fed Ex it has been in their Hutchins facility for five days. Whiskey tango foxtrot? Sorry to vent about an issue that is not even a real problem.
The Agrumes has a wonderful scent. Waiting on the mail or FedEx can be really challenging for the mind. Good luck! But the Agrumes is worth the wait.

Bloody love MDC. Eventually got through the original and now into the Fougere. Scents and performance are incredible. And foolproof - I do 15 swirls for 2.5 passes where most soaps for me need 40-50. Keen to try vetyver and rose via samples in 2022, then buy one of them.

1A8E8201-ABA1-4B9E-A9E0-6A5AB54F31BD.jpeg

I forget to post here as I should. Especially since I have acquired 3 other scents besides the original:

MdC.jpg

Now that I have the Rose (my latest purchase), I'm good for MdC. I don't like Vetyver scents and have no use for an unscented shave soap.

marty

Got into MdC back in the day from a B&B group buy. Best technical shave soap. Almost no scent, so a neutral in that dept.

Unrivalled in the amount of lather from minimal effort.

Lovely soaps. I currently have the Vetyver in the small jar. Tried Nature, Agrumes, Original and Fougere and liked them all!

I have had the good fortune to acquire these 4 in the last year. Wonderful performance, easy lather with just a few swirls. I am impressed, and very grateful to those who were willing to pass these along.

IMG_20230212_182235891.jpg

I just discovered this thread, I’ll join in! I use MdC regularly. Fall & Winter I use Fougere , Spring & Summer I’m using Agrumes.

I forget to post here as I should. Especially since I have acquired 3 other scents besides the original:

View attachment 1529711

Now that I have the Rose (my latest purchase), I'm good for MdC. I don't like Vetyver scents and have no use for an unscented shave soap.

marty

Vetiver by itself is a heavy greasy smokey scent. It is often undetectable as such in small amounts in fragrance mixtures.

The MdC Vetyver is surprisingly vetiver-weak. It is best described as a typical “green” fragrance, a fougère, like Irish Spring soap. It is a sharper, tangier version of MdC Fougère, to me anyway.

Top Bottom