What's new

CDC: Cult de Candre

I saw yesterday free shipping when I had 3 jars fougere in cart. Maybe I'll do that if there's interest in group buy.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

MWF, LPL, PdP, CRSW

But, MdC is my favorite.

I am anxious to try SV.

-Mark

my introduction to SV was Tundra Artica. Awesome performing soap and I can't get enough of the scent. I traded CRSW honey wood and Bois flourax for a felice aromatica. That has a light scent, have not used in a shave yet. I really liked the description of the new Cosmo so I picked up that and a 70th anniversary. Scent wise, both are fantastic. Cosmo has a real coffee type scent. 70th anniversary I have not used yet, scent is what I consider a cologne type scent.
TA, Cosmo, 70th anniversary are like catnip to me, can't get enough of them. (As is MdC fougere/original)

soap scents are so subjective though so I don't want to make a bad recommendation. Performance wise SV has hit the mark for me.
Hope it helps

greg

my introduction to SV was Tundra Artica. Awesome performing soap and I can't get enough of the scent. I traded CRSW honey wood and Bois flourax for a felice aromatica. That has a light scent, have not used in a shave yet. I really liked the description of the new Cosmo so I picked up that and a 70th anniversary. Scent wise, both are fantastic. Cosmo has a real coffee type scent. 70th anniversary I have not used yet, scent is what I consider a cologne type scent.
TA, Cosmo, 70th anniversary are like catnip to me, can't get enough of them. (As is MdC fougere/original)

soap scents are so subjective though so I don't want to make a bad recommendation. Performance wise SV has hit the mark for me.
Hope it helps

greg
Eventually I will make my way to SV. I need to take a little soap buying sabbatical. My wife is on to me.

-Mark

wanted to post about the Huile de coprah which I don't hear too much about. I was due for a fougere since my initial sample was nearly depleted and even more enticement was a 5% birthday discount code MdC sent me. My thoughts.....
fougere jar was plastic.....I thought I would not be happy with it, but it is just as nice as the glass. Happy camper on that
cost.....shipping still high at €20 for both items, but the cost of them were lower, it was a wash. Not sure, maybe my guess is that the lower shipping is for Europe and the higher item cost also a euro vat thing.....I could be way wrong though

back to the Huile de coprah.....when it arrived it was almost fully melted, not the consistency that you see on line. It didn't solidify the next day, so I stuck it in fridge for a bit and it solidified nicely and back out it went to my other balms and aftershaves.

Using it.....don't need much, swirl a finger on top apply one side of face, then repeat for other side and was sufficient for me.

feel....it does give that light oil texture to face with a pleasing lemon scent.

I would not not purchase on its own, but was a nice add on to an order.
I think it's a nice replacement for the AOS lemon balm I have. I think that one may clog my pores when I use it.

Here it is in today's setup. I skipped the fine AS as a last minute decision.
View attachment 658757

I have been intrigued by that product. Did the oil absorb quickly or did it leave your face greasy? Did it clog your pores? I am not really a balm guy. I don't care for the sticky feeling that products with aloe leave either. I prefer alcohol based splashes.

-Mark

My face is more on the oily side. As a compare I also have the AOS lemon balm. I think that one does tend to clog a pore when I use it. I have moved away from that lately.
It does take a bit to absorb in, oily feel, yes, but more a silky feel vs a greasy feel.
I used it again today and the regimen was:
CRSW barbershop
fine snakebite splash
Then when cleanup all done a bit of the huile de coprah
A small amount goes a long way. I don't know if I would purchase on its own, but as I was picking up a fougere it was an easy add on.

My face is more on the oily side. As a compare I also have the AOS lemon balm. I think that one does tend to clog a pore when I use it. I have moved away from that lately.
It does take a bit to absorb in, oily feel, yes, but more a silky feel vs a greasy feel.
I used it again today and the regimen was:
CRSW barbershop
fine snakebite splash
Then when cleanup all done a bit of the huile de coprah
A small amount goes a long way. I don't know if I would purchase on its own, but as I was picking up a fougere it was an easy add on.

Have you noticed any specific benefits from its use? Could it be used as a pre-shave?

I thought about it as a pre shave but decided against it. If I were to use as a pre shave I think it would be fantastic to apply it then go the hot towel route.
I used to use pre shave oil but have mostly abandoned it as I have not missed it since stopping its use.
Benefit wise would be for a silky face feel. I liked today's combo of fine snakebite as I got the menthol kick then the lemon afterwards.

Currently on hols at my dads place in the south of France. Relaxing poolside and just ordered some MdC Fougere! Had to be done. :001_cool:

Very nice. Pool sounds great. Welcome to the cult!

Thanks [MENTION=105978]Rxdude[/MENTION]
yeah it's very nice indeed. Soooo quiet and peaceful here.
I've already got a tub of unscented but fell in love with the Fougere sample I tried so had to get me some while I'm here

Hi all,

I started using MdC unscented about 1 1/2 month ago when I bought a jar at Planète Rasoir while on a trip to Paris. It became top soap real fastwith MWF in my rotation . Best lather and great face feel .

In order to update this thread I have to say that I bought both MdC scents. I found that the Regular is not a strong scent and the Fougere is equally mild. Both very nice scents. I was expecting a strong scent from the Regular.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Having used the sample I purchased, I get it.

MdC.Kit.640.4-18.JPG

I will order from France in a few minutes.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've got Fougere and Rose. Two of my favorite soap scents in my den, and two of my best performing soaps. I load very little soap, but it lathers like crazy. I suspect I'll get 400+ shaves from each one. Amazing stuff.

Top Bottom