What's new

CDC: Cult de Candre

Do you prefer MdC Fougere over the Vetyver?
I don't have the MdC Fougere I own the Los Angeles shaving Soap Company Topanga Fougere I love it just curious what you thought?

They’re quite different and I wouldn’t want to be without either scent. If I had to pick a favourite I’d probably choose the Vetyver as it’s such an interesting and complex scent. I do love the Fougere too though.

They’re quite different and I wouldn’t want to be without either scent. If I had to pick a favourite I’d probably choose the Vetyver as it’s such an interesting and complex scent. I do love the Fougere too though.
Thanks man, I got Vetyver in November I use it more than anything else I have.

I have the Fougere and Rose. I'm convinced to get the Vetyver next, based on this thread. Given my love for the two MdCs I've already got, I don't expect to be disappointed. Thanks.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I use the Fougere pretty regularly and like it a lot. I have a sample of Vetyver. It, too, is great. I wouldn't mind having the set of MdC soaps, but I'm happy with the one jar I own.

Alright, Cal. Glad you got exactly what you wanted. Worth waiting.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Today was my first use of my first tub of MdC. Wonderful. :001_wub:

CDC SOTD

Soap:
Martin de Candre CITRUS
Brush: Omega 10086 Bigger Bambino (not the MdC recommended badger :lol1:)
Razor: Yaqi/Fatip DOC Mini
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
ASL: Proraso Red
upload_2018-6-14_23-20-59.png

And I've added CDC to my signature. :001_smile

CDC SOTD

Soap:
Martin de Candre CITRUS
View attachment 890790

Awesome. How’s that Agrumes smelling from the jar? Nice huh!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

CDC SOTD

Soap:
Martin de Candre CITRUS
View attachment 890790

Very nice Cal. Love me some MdC.

Color me impressed with that snazzy razor.
  • Red cap
  • Nickel baseplate
  • Black handle with a red bottom.

proxy.php

I see where it came from. So, that is the same head (DOC) as the SLOC, the Mellon head in a different color? I thought it was but wasn't sure. The handle is brass, the site says, right?

What are they doing to make the head red and the handle black and red?

Very snazzy, and goes very well with a shave using MdC. MdC is a superior shaving soap!

Glad to see CDC in your signature, Cal.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Awesome. How’s that Agrumes smelling from the jar? Nice huh!
It's a very pleasant smell. I just retrieved it from the bathroom for sniff testing (any excuse), as I hadn't given it much thought before.
I have a very keen sense of smell, but I'm not much good at describing them. After several sniffs my verdict is "lemonade."

I see where it came from. So, that is the same head (DOC) as the SLOC, the Mellon head in a different color?
Yep. :001_smile
I thought it was but wasn't sure. The handle is brass, the site says, right?
Solid brass, very grippy, and great dimensions: 75mm long and 12.1mm diameter, weighing in at 56.5g.
What are they doing to make the head red and the handle black and red?
I assume it's something like the Gun Kote that Delta Echo use.
Glad to see CDC in your signature, Cal.
Gotta promote a good cause eh? :001_cool:

I grabbed a jar of both the rose and agrumes LE soaps to try. First test lather with the rose...holy lather explosion! Seems like all it's cracked up to be. First shave this weekend.

I grabbed a jar of both the rose and agrumes LE soaps to try. First test lather with the rose...holy lather explosion! Seems like all it's cracked up to be. First shave this weekend.

:001_rolle Heck yeah. It’s my fave lather too. Never had a bad shave with MdC. Love it.

I have to say, after using this for a week, MdC is all that and a bag of chips. Hits on all aspects and post-shave, which some folks do not like, is at least equal to other good soaps (Cella, for example) *for me*.

Question - does everyone leave the lid off, like it says to do in the instructions?

I would have thought if you let it dry out it would eventually loose the scent.
I have the fougere and rather like the scent it has right now. :001_cool:

Question - does everyone leave the lid off, like it says to do in the instructions?

I would have thought if you let it dry out it would eventually loose the scent.
I have the fougere and rather like the scent it has right now. :001_cool:

I leave the lid off for a couple of hours after use then screw it back on.
I couldn’t say if it would eventually lose some scent if you always left it off. I know that the weeks and weeks that the soap is curing for at MdC that they are just out in the open.

Top Bottom