What's new

Cat's and brushes

Our cat won't leave brshave brush alone. I hear him to dropping it from sink to floor then grabs by the bristles and runs through the house. I'm glad its a cheap boar but if this continues I probably will never get to upgrade to badger. Anyone else have this problem?

Close the bathroom door perhaps?

I keep it closed for the sole reason of stopping the cat from drinking from the toilet...

Not really an option as food and water there. Guess I'll have to move it to a higher shelf or just laugh at him carrying it around and realize that unless i want to have a really expensive cat toy (best or silver) boar going to have to do.

proxy.php

As I recall there was a thread like this about a year ago--thus, this must be a widespread and persistent phenomenon. As long as their intentions are predatory and not amorous I would just wash my brushes carefully as cat mouths can contain some really nasty bugs. If the later, I would leave a cheap boar out for his amusement and hide the good stuff!!!

LOL! My cats like the Qtips from my bathroom, but not much else. I can tell when I pick an aftershave they like though! :001_wub:

Weird. My advice is to keep you brush in a medicine cabinet or drawer so the cat cannot get to it.

Or.....get a nice expensive badger for yourself and give the cat the boar

Maybe the cat is.....boared?

All seriousness aside, I agree with Smooth_Shaver and binowatch has a good point.

My dogs love a good shaving brush. I was playing with my dogs using a vintage brush bought to restore and turned my back for a minute. The dogs had demolished the brush. We found bits of hair all over the house for weeks. Never again, from now on my brushes are off limits to the dogs.

With me it's our dog. She loves the smell of my shaving brushes.

In the way back, when I was "between" injector shaving with canned foam cream, and using a soap biscuit in a mug, I used shaving creams in tubes, and inexpensive brushes to lather the creams up. I had two Standard Schnauzers, and each of them at least once decided that the handles of my shaving brushes were chew toys. I tossed out the worst of the damaged brushes, but with sandpaper and paint, refinished the other, and kept it for another twenty years, although it went unused a few years while I thought I was in too much of a hurry for lather.

I had to replace it when I decided I had time now (retired) for the ritual, but it was shedding hair like crazy. I have hooks on the wall above the wash basin for the brushes, although I still only have one brush, and no dog, just cats. My intention is to hang a wall-mount type of test tube rack on that wall for the collection of razors I acquired without purposely building any collection, just trying different razors for 30 years, plus one more that survived from my teens, when I mostly used a single edge, but also owned the old Good Will DE.

I don't "need" another SE razor, nor a copy of the type injector I used in college and early adulthood, I just want my razor history to be more complete . . .

Would be a problem for sure, but I keep the brush out of sight behind a door. Also my razor has to be hidden from them, otherwise that would end up on the floor too and who knows where. It's too shiny for them not to get interested in it and playing around with it. They are just too curious and interactive :001_smile

The biggest problem hiding things from this cat as it doesn't seem to work. He gets the jerky down from the top shef of the kitchen cabinets and then rips a hole in the sack scattering a small taste of jerky for the pom then taunts her from the tub as she won't jump in (bad experience jumping in full :))

Top Bottom