What's new

Captain's Choice Lime sign up thread - at last!

Tried mine tonight.

Scent. I got Key Lime, a bit weak though.

Application. No sting bit of a tingle, I thought I would not like the application after reading other posts about he lack of alcohol but I enjoyed it very much.

Scent did not last long but I like some aftershaves to disappear quickly.

My face feels great so I would definitely use this regularly.

Yes I would purchase, likely have a tough choice when my bay rum is gone.

I got my sample on Friday and wanted to get a few shaves in before I reviewed it.

1. The scent - Lime with spices. This confused me at first since I thought this was going be a straight lime splash but this was more of a lime mixed with bay rum.

2. The application - A bit of sting upon initial application

3. The finish - It feels awesome. Smooth as can be with no drying.

4. How long did the scent last for you? - Here's where it loses a couple of points. Once I put it on the scent lasted no more that ten minutes. I would've preferred some staying power.

5. Would you buy this product? I would

6. How can it be better? - As others have mentioned the staying power could've been longer. While I do like the lime/bay rum mix I was expecting a pure lime aroma from the way it was being described. Another that could make it better? Menthol.

Shaved my head last night. When about halfway done, I noticed the razor tugging just a bit, but I bravely soldiered on. OK, foolishly. Using the Lime sample I got a bit of a sting, but very mild. Good, soothing stuff. Would prefer the scent lasted longer. Great for my skin.

Used the sample for the 3rd time today.

This time I concentrated on trying to see how long the scent lasted. It took me 2 minutes to get dressed and down stairs to where the wife was and she had a hard time smelling it on me by that time. The scent was still faintly on my hands. She said she liked the scent which is a BIG plus as most times she is vocal about the "stink" I come down with but she did say the lime after shave scent smelled pleasant but faint.

I could not smell anything by the time 10 minutes passed from using it. I always use 2 applications of aftershave. The first to cover where I shaved and the second application for a longer lasting scent.

I am still blown away by how smooth this product leaves my skin. I don't think my skin has felt this nice since it had pimples on it :001_smile.

1. The scent - Cut limes out of the bottle, and a fleeting lime when I applied it. Didn't get a lot of clove...seems like everyone else did. Not sure if the contents are settling.

2. The application - A sting, but a brief sting that was fleeting.

3. The finish - My face feels amazing.

4. How long did the scent last for you - very, very brief. I'd say under 20...my skin can eat fragrance.

5. Would you buy this product? - I like bay rum, and I rarely stray...Dominica's lime is the only time I really liked a variation off of the formula. This, while similar, didn't do a lot for me scentwise. It's great when it comes to feel, though...I'd love to try a sample of what ends up being the final product and see what I think then.

6. How can it be better - more bay rum. since nobody else is saying that, though, I'll continue using it and report back if I think any different

Last edited:
1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? The bay rum is overpowering of the lime, would like to have more lime. It has a very pleasant but faint smell after the initial application

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? I felt no sting which was a bit of a let down and left me wanting more even with a nick on my left cheek. Absorbed well and quickly in to my skin.

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? Face feels great! Smooth and soft afterwards.

4. How long did the scent last for you? I lost most of the scent after 5 minutes. I can still smell it on my hand over an hour later.

5. Would you buy this product? More then likely, if it had a longer staying power with more lime scent, it would be guaranteed to go in my shave den!

6. How can it be better? Stronger lime scent, lasting power, and would like to feel the burn!

I look forward to using up the rest of the sample!

Here's my feedback:

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? Love the scent. It could be a bit stronger, but even if this is left just as it is, I'd still love it.

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting? I felt a little bit of sting: nothing overpowering, just bracing. It feels great!

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? My face feels wonderful.

4. How long did the scent last for you? The scent fades pretty quickly (I'd say within 10 or 15 minutes), but I can catch hints of it on my hands. However, since this is a lime aftershave, I can't see how this could be improved. Every lime AS I've used has faded quickly, as is its nature.

5. Would you buy this product? Absolutely! I love this stuff.

6. How can it be better? If there's any way to make it stronger, which I doubt, that might be a plus. Even so, I wouldn't care that much since the sample I got has been so amazing. Bravo!

-- Sammy

1. The scent - too strong, just right, too weak? Scent is great! I'm learning that I dislike the scent of Witch Hazel, which is strong in this one, but I'm also learning to overcome my adversion.

2. The application - does it feel good, how is the sting?
Application feels great! Perfect spring time feeling! I like warmth during the winter months, but this feels great for this time of year. Step outside and feel like the world is alive.

3. The finish - how does your face feel after it dries down? Couldn't be happier with the feel of this aftershave, and the witch hazel is quick to dissipate, leaving me feeling fresh and ready for the day.

4. How long did the scent last for you? As would be expected for a lime aftershave, it didn't last very long. It was gone for me by the time I hit the car, so about 20 minutes. I did try wetting my hands and splashing some water on my face throughout the day, to reawaken the scent, like with Co9T, with little success.

5. Would you buy this product? I think I would, but I also think I would need to pair it with an EDT.

6. How can it be better? I might be alone in the witch hazel reaction. It seems so much more detrimental to my experience than anyone else's, but I'd like to see a non-witch hazel scent in the future. I have to brace myself for the scent every morning. I know it's a key ingredient for your aftershaves, and so I'm setting an ultimatum, but I would really appreciate a witch hazel free, or witch hazel light scent.

Having heard from most of you I want to thank you all for the feedback. I am going to start afresh and may have limited samples available in a few weeks - stay tuned!

I shall now go...

proxy.php

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! I have a little bit left of the sample that I don't want to use quite yet because it has definitely grown on me over the past few uses. I found it works best at night before going to sleep. Nice, calm, and since it's scent isn't over powering it lets me drift away in to a blissful state. It will have its place in my shave den.

Scott, the more I use the sample the more lime scent I am getting. I dont know if my nose it picking it up the more I use it but I can at least pick it out now. Cant wait for the final product!

After reading some of the feedback on this thread I went back to try it again. This time I shook it up before using it and got a lot more lime and less clove. The scent faded pretty quick but this stuff really leaves your face feeling great. I can't wait to try the next version!

Top Bottom