What's new

Can I Get Myself a Birthday Present?

So I’ll start by answering my own question, yes I can. And I did. Why not was my reasoning. I have a 26mm Brad Sears Barrister from a forum member on its way to my home. I’ve wanted to try one of his brushes, & I’m not getting any younger.

What have you gotten yourself for a present?
I just purchased a third generation British Gillette Aristocrat in Rhodium also from a forum member. Yay for us!

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I bought some musical stuff at Amazon. But I’m not good with that stuff. Amazon then sent me their music, and now I have 30 or 90 days of free music, and it is the best there was.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
So I’ll start by answering my own question, yes I can. And I did. Why not was my reasoning. I have a 26mm Brad Sears Barrister from a forum member on its way to my home. I’ve wanted to try one of his brushes, & I’m not getting any younger.

If the bulb is an estate badger, you’re going to love it, David. Happy Birthday!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Happy Birthday.

I don't wait for my BD, or any other excuse other than I want it, to buy something. I spent my whole life scrimping and saving and, while it does make my retirement more comfortable, if I had it to do over I would have indulged a bit more along the way.

I just ordered an EVO brush - because I want one! I'm like a 4 year old, but with a wallet. Need is such an ugly word - live a little.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've inadvertently bought myself a Christmas present. I recently bought a 1948 Aristocrat Jr in original case with original Gillette blades. When I got it home my wife said it'd make a nice Christmas present for me. I now need to wait til Christmas to use a razor I paid for myself.
Been there..... I feel your pain. 🤣

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Happy Birthday, my friend. :happybday:

That should be an incredible brush. :)

Thank you friends for your birthday greetings, they are appreciated. This forum is more than an anonymous internet site with various screen names. I have been enriched through your friendships. Thank you, gentlemen.

I have an 84th birthday in November, but I don't plan to buy myself anything shaving related, as I have overspent on shaving stuff in the past 10 years. Furthermore, anything I've seriously wanted, I've bought already.

My focus now is seeking and implementing knowledge and strategies for keeping alive, and in good physical and mental health for say the next 20 years.

I have an 84th birthday in November, but I don't plan to buy myself anything shaving related, as I have overspent on shaving stuff in the past 10 years. Furthermore, anything I've seriously wanted, I've bought already.

My focus now is seeking and implementing knowledge and strategies for keeping alive, and in good physical and mental health for say the next 20 years.
In 20 years I will be 83. I hope I can send you a birthday greeting on your 104th birthday, sir!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I complete my 47th trip around the sun tomorrow.

Aside from Mitchell's Wool Fat which has its own dish in the bathroom, I serve up sample sized portions of soap to use, and only swap (or go back to Mitchell's) once that portion is used. I have been using these three small dishes that I found in a pound shop (Brit version of a dollar store).

IMG_20200803_171424_edit_edit.jpg

However, being somewhat of a clumsy oaf due to neurological issues, and getting annoyed with the soaps drying out and losing scents between uses, I've ordered myself one of these yesterday.

proxy.php
Spun pewter, made in Sheffield (the same place I was). Unlike the cheapo bowls, it has a lid, and will withstand a lot more mishaps, dropsies, and been accidentally clattered with other things. It will also look like it's meant to be there, and not pilfered from the kitchen.

Top Bottom