What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions- November

Finally got my shipment from Dragon Tea House. Not that long actually, about three weeks. Included:

Kamjove Tea Pot
Pu-erh knife
Supreme Dafo Long Jing Dragon Well
Nonpareil Tie Guan Yin
Mu Ye Chun Mengku Green Cake Raw Pu-erh 2007
Mengsong Peacock Menghai Dayi Raw Pu-erh 2008
Xia Guan FT Xi Zi Tuo Cha Raw Pu-erh 2008

So I now have about 4.5 pounds of tea to get through. Reviews forthcoming. I have already invited over my tea-drinking chum. He is on his way with some dim-sum to steam.

I was looking for small tea cups to bring at school.

I went to a kitchen closeout store and found that cheapo ceramic teapot with 2 cups. It has a small infuser basked and is nice for green tea.

Best of all is the price: 3$ CANADIAN. So I can bring it in college without worrying.

UPS just delivered my latest purchases from Sweet Maria's:
  1. El Salvador -- Orange Bourbon Cultivar (5lbs x 3)
  2. Guatamala Oriente -- Dry Process (5lbs x 3)
  3. Kenya AA Auction Lot #526 -- Tegu (2lbs)
  4. Costa Rica RIP -- Red Honey (5lbs)
  5. Java Kajumas Curah Tatal (2lbs)
  6. Nicaragua Limoncello Java Longberry Cultivar (2lbs)
  7. Yemen Mokha Sharasi (2lbs)
  8. India Anohki (2lbs)
proxy.php

UPS just delivered my latest purchases from Sweet Maria's:
  1. El Salvador -- Orange Bourbon Cultivar (5lbs x 3)
  2. Guatamala Oriente -- Dry Process (5lbs x 3)
  3. Kenya AA Auction Lot #526 -- Tegu (2lbs)
  4. Costa Rica RIP -- Red Honey (5lbs)
  5. Java Kajumas Curah Tatal (2lbs)
  6. Nicaragua Limoncello Java Longberry Cultivar (2lbs)
  7. Yemen Mokha Sharasi (2lbs)
  8. India Anohki (2lbs)
proxy.php
Nice haul. Let me know how that Oriente DP works out; it sounds interesting. People have had trouble roasting it, I hear, so beware. Apparently it flies through 1st crack into second.

Box from Portland just arrived...

2x Sidamo
1x Mexican Oaxacan Organic
1/2 El Salvador Organic
1/2 Bali Blue Moon

My office smells great right now.

I also had a box of Portland arrive last evening.
Here are 5 1/2 lb bags of fine Ristretto Roast Hand Crafted coffees...Thanks Din!!!

proxy.php

full

My first non-sample tea purchase! Thanks B&B.

I am just old enough to still be amazed at how flat the world we live in has become. I send a e-mail around the world to a guy in China and a week and a half later a box showes up at my door.:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I see some Xiaguan Bao Yan tuocha in there? I've currently got a brick of it and am amazed at how good it is for such a low price.

Checked out the GreenBeanery - a local store that sells green coffee, fresh roasted coffee and all manner of coffee supplies.

I bought a half pound each of:

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe
Ethiopian Harrar (dry process)

Both roasted yesterday.

I also bought a Zassenhaus Lima manual coffee grinder.

In addition to being a little cheaper than the wooden models, I liked both the contemporary design and the fact that you can clean it more easily than the wooden models.

I've played around with it a bit - it takes about 4 - 5 minutes to grind enough coffee for 6 -7 cups of drip coffee. Coarser grinds take less time and smoother grinds more. While a bit of a pain, I got this so I could grind coffee fresh every morning without waking anyone up. It has a nice smooth action and the shape is great - you can use it on the counter, between the legs, under the arm, or held in one hand - much more flexible than any of the other models.

I figure that, at least it will ensure that I get some exercise in the morning!

View attachment 33978

Top Bottom