What's new

C&E Naturals - Solutions for Men

I headed down to my local C&E to have a look at their Canadian prices (outrageous) and to pick up some samples to give their creams and soaps a try. I was impressed by the staff knowledge and left with a sample pack of their Naturals line.

So this morning I decided to give it a try. Now when they say low-later (http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/mens-grooming-shaving-nsm30753.html) they should say no lather. I ended up using a lot more then I probably needed, but I digress. Having applied the cream I picked up my razor and started to shave and burn. Really really really burn. I thought maybe I had done something wrong so I cleaned up, dumped the cream I had out of my bowl and started again. Lathered up again and more burning. At this point I was going to be late so I grinned and did a quick shave to get by at work.

So my initial reaction is to run far, far, away and wait for my Trumper's sample pack. Any other members have any experience with the cream?

Ok I just bought it this weekend but I haven't opened it yet so maybe I can return it. I would love to hear some more info on this.

Also if I return it... which one would you guys recommend I get? I am new to shaving creams. I have their sandalwood soap that I have been using.

Ok I just bought it this weekend but I haven't opened it yet so maybe I can return it. I would love to hear some more info on this.

Also if I return it... which one would you guys recommend I get? I am new to shaving creams. I have their sandalwood soap that I have been using.

SWMBO got me a sample of the Essentials cream when I first started wetshaving. I could not get a decent lather from it either.

Trade it for a tube of Sweet Almond Oil. As far as I'm concerned, that's the best cream C&E sells.

I almost bought that one but with the sale I thought I'd try the supposedly higher end product (that shiny silver tube got to me :biggrin:)

Hmm, that is surprising. I was going to try some during the sale as well, but ended up be just too tempted to get more sweet almond oil. I'll have to see if I can get a sample and try it. I should have asked while I was in the store. I wonder if its a brushless cream.

Hmm, that is surprising. I was going to try some during the sale as well, but ended up be just too tempted to get more sweet almond oil. I'll have to see if I can get a sample and try it. I should have asked while I was in the store. I wonder if its a brushless cream.

The packaging does say to use the hands to spread the cream on the face. Of course, I had no packaging with my sample and went at it with a brush. That does not work at all.

The packaging does say to use the hands to spread the cream on the face. Of course, I had no packaging with my sample and went at it with a brush. That does not work at all.
Ah, there you go. I might still have to try some. I thought it smelled decent when I was in the store. Its 3 bucks more than the other tubes though so that is a consideration.

I stopped by there today, due to the 20% off sale. I asked about the Sweet Almond cream, but the sales clerk quickly shifted my attention to the Naturals line and gave me the sample pack. She claimed that the Sweet Almond line is being discontinued. Is this true?
(She also insisted that the Pure Badger Travel Brush was the Best Badger that I was looking for, so I can't take her advice too seriously.)

If they got rid of the sweet almond oil I'd probably freak out. Well, I'd be upset at least. That is one of my favorite creams. I've got 2 tubes now, but I always fear the dreaded discontinuation of any good cream. I hope it never happens.

i shaved with the sweet almond cream today, all i can say is that im a soap man, and my previous expiriances with creams (l´occitane, proraso, la toja) have been horrible, but one shave with the almond cream, and im sold, call me a believer,

almost all of my creams say to wet hands and apply directly to face. Some people swear by this method, but I can't build a slick enough lather that way, and it always leads to an uncomfortable shave. Tom's of Main is probably the worst latherer I use, and I don't know how anyone could shave with that stuff with out a brush.

We're getting a little off topic here, but what the heck.
The only cream I use (I'm a soap guy) is Sweet Almond Cream. It really made a difference when I swiched from a pure bristel to a best bristle brush with this cream. About half the time I build a lather in an old ceramic shave mug, and the rest of the time I wet my face, smooth some Sweet Almond Creame on my face, then build a lather with the brush. Both methods work well, so it's nothing more than a matter of what I feel like that day.
best Regards, Ken.

My face combo is the Sweet Almond Oil + The Sandal Wood Soap. I mix the two to make an awesome "Super-Lather" anytime I have my luxury shave...

I walked into the store un-knowning it was a sale... so I picked up a new brush. The thing is, the lady did say they are discontinuing the SAO line. Notice there is no SAO soap anymore? Just the cream...

I'd say stock up on the next sale... but how od you know when they are gunna happen? I just walked in because i was in the mall and the clerk told me it was a sale day?

I used a sample of the Naturals shave cream and liked it a lot. I spread it out on my face with my hands and little water. I had two nice shaves without any irritation or burning. It has a nice cooling effect too. It is quite different than your regular cream though. I am actually considering buying it to rotate with my Proraso Aloes & Green Tea soap.

By the way, the Naturals ASB is very nice too.

Top Bottom