What's new

Brush Pics/Input Wanted

Kyle said:
Randy, that is a cool handle on the Shavemac. Is it a mother-of-pearl kind of thing?

Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled brush. :tongue:

McNutt said:
Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled brush. :tongue:

Well, having spent time in "Nawlins", and in Port Sulphur (sorry, not sure how to spell Plaquemine Parish, but at least I know it's not a county, which, as I understand it has pretty much been eliminated thanks to Katrina, at least, according to family members who USED to live there), and knowing the proper pronunciation of New Orleans, I'll take that as a compliment. Of course, you could just be jealous! :w00t: :eek: :lol:

Randy

I think that 24mm is a conservative measurement. When measuring mine, I would swear that it is 26mm.

Ditto. Take the manufacturer's measurements (of an unbloomed brush) with a grain of salt. My PJ3 is more like 26 mm and my Savile Row silvertip "24mm" brush is more like 26 as well.

I'm usually not affected by peer-pressure :smile: , but all this Persian Jar talk has caused me to take another look at them. As a result, the PJ2 Super (only if I can find one with the black/white hair) is at the top of the list. If I'm unable to get this grade of badger, I may just go with the Rooney style 3 super.

Anyway, one of the main complaints I have with my current brush (Shavemac 22579) is that it really hangs onto the lather. How is the PJ2 in this regard, particularly the supers with black/white hair? Would it also be safe to say that the 21mm knot on the PJ2 is a conservative measurement?

Keep the input coming guys, I'm trying to top Sam's thread! :wink:

Top Bottom