What's new

Brown Leaf Newbie Check-In & General Chat

Dear Gents,

I found B&B because of the "main issue", but then I have been lurking in the other sections, too.
Cigarettes are my daily driver, but I don't mind the occasional cigar and I have used (on and off) a pipe for 13 years.
So, maybe I am not a 100% newbie, but there is so much to know that I have decided to start from there, for practical purposes.
I had only one entry level Savinelli and now I have just bought a Corn Cob, which has been pretty good so far.

Best Regards

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dear Gents,

I found B&B because of the "main issue", but then I have been lurking in the other sections, too.
Cigarettes are my daily driver, but I don't mind the occasional cigar and I have used (on and off) a pipe for 13 years.
So, maybe I am not a 100% newbie, but there is so much to know that I have decided to start from there, for practical purposes.
I had only one entry level Savinelli and now I have just bought a Corn Cob, which has been pretty good so far.

Best Regards
Missouri Meerschaum cobs are a great way to get into it. Most of us have at least a couple. I reserve one for Samuel Gawith Grousemoor (which could ghost stainless steel).

Thanks for the kind words!
I am just a bit concerned that I might have found another rabbit hole...
Now the objective is to try some tobacco without breaking the bank and filling up the house! I still had some Skandinavik Regular, which is quite common here in Italy.
I am looking for some honest, non aromatic and not too top of the shelf tobacco; sort of a "Proraso for Pipe".

I am looking for some honest, non aromatic and not too top of the shelf tobacco; sort of a "Proraso for Pipe".
Sounds to me like blends in the Peter Stokkebye brand. Luxury Navy Flake, Luxury English. Can easily use those two as an entry level, middle of the road but quality blend benchmark for VAPer's and Latakia blends.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Another holiday, another hospital. The wife’s incision has opened a little and she is infected. Getting ready to take her back to clean it up and vacuum dress. She’ll be spending the night.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Dang, dude. Sorry to hear that.
Good news- the opening and infection only went halfway through the skin. That is cleaned up. She will just need home health care every couple of days for dressing change and monitoring. They are keeping her tonight because of sedation, but will come home tomorrow.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@oc_in_fw You and yours are in our prayers. As an ICU nurse I know how bad it sucks for patients and family to be in the hospital during the holidays.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Sounds to me like blends in the Peter Stokkebye brand. Luxury Navy Flake, Luxury English. Can easily use those two as an entry level, middle of the road but quality blend benchmark for VAPer's and Latakia blends.

Luxury English and Proper English are excellent and very reasonably priced. :)

Good news- the opening and infection only went halfway through the skin. That is cleaned up. She will just need home health care every couple of days for dressing change and monitoring. They are keeping her tonight because of sedation, but will come home tomorrow.
Hopefully you can be back home and show her some luvin.
Merry christmas.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions.
Not a lot of tobacconists around where I live have pipe tobacco, but today I have found and bought some Dunhill Early Morning and Amphora Original Blend.
Had a couple of bowls of Dunhill with Savinelli and Corn Cob and it was good.
Now I am thinking about some mason jars and a way to keep/carry the daily amount.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I smoke cigars but I’m mainly a pipe smoker. What the heck happen to McClelland and Latikia?????
Syrian Latakia is going the way of the dodo due to a civil war, and McClelland claims he is retiring due to lack of good tobacco leaf.

Top Bottom