What's new

Brotherhood of the Boar

Picked up my first Yaqi boar today, a little 22mm.

20220328_181350.jpg

20220328_181319.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, April 4th 2022

Razor :Micromatic open comb(button less variant)-Mfg 1930-32 + 1932-41 button variant for Gem double edge blades, upper mid range, built to last, 1st mass produced TTO in the world and sold millions. Great razor to use for tough beards, excellent design! This razor helped Gem Mfg(ASR) make it through the dirty thirties depression!
Blade :Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar bristle:001_wub:, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, great scrub + excellent lather painter. Of the five boar brushes I have this one works well, I bought this one when they first introduced not that long ago.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]

Brush collage April 4 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
BOTD + DE SOTD, Sat, April 16th 2022
Brush : Yaqi Robin 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles, excellent scrubber + great lather painter.
Brush collage April 16 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

First impressions of the new Vielong Boar 26mm knot

Another new addition to the den, picked up an Omega Pro 108. It looks to have similar dimensions to my Jade so hoping it can perform somewhere near the Jade and better than my last Omega (Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog). I will need to get another group photo of my current line up with all the new additions (and the Omega Pro 49 and Wild Hog dropping out of my den)

brush.jpg

Another new addition to the den, picked up an Omega Pro 108. It looks to have similar dimensions to my Jade so hoping it can perform somewhere near the Jade and better than my last Omega (Goodfellas Smile Wild Hog). I will need to get another group photo of my current line up with all the new additions (and the Omega Pro 49 and Wild Hog dropping out of my den)

brush.jpg
I also got a 108 (in white) based on the similarity in knot size to the Jade.

As is typical with Omega boars it has broken in quickly and has become a favourite of mine for hard, tripple milled soaps. In fact I use it far more than my Jade as I prefer a lighter handle.

At less than half the price of the Jade, the 108 is a bit of a bargain!

I also got a 108 (in white) based on the similarity in knot size to the Jade.

As is typical with Omega boars it has broken in quickly and has become a favourite of mine for hard, tripple milled soaps. In fact I use it far more than my Jade as I prefer a lighter handle.

At less than half the price of the Jade, the 108 is a bit of a bargain!
Good to know, hopefully mine is the same!

brush.jpg
You can almost hear your soaps start to cry when you break that brush out! Soap tears lather the best 👍

Top Bottom