What's new

Bourbon drinkers. What is your favorite?

I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but yesterday I had some Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 Year-Old, and it was outstanding.

My costco gave me a coupon for $5 off a bottle of Maker's Mark. I've been sipping it for the last three days. I like the stuff. Just started to tap into the world of whiskies. I've liked em all so far. :tongue_sm

Buffalo Trace and it's only $20 a bottle. My favorite at the moment, and rate as exceptional by the folks at Beverage Tasting Institute.

For mixed drinks, Tom Sims and Ezra Brooks.

For on the rocks or just plain sippin' whiskey, Knob Creek or Booker Noe's. I understand Mr. Noe passed away recently and I just wonder if the brand will be coming to an end.

I understand Mr. Noe passed away recently and I just wonder if the brand will be coming to an end.

I can't be sure, but I doubt that the brand will be discontinued. It is one of Beam's flagship bourbon offerings, along with Basil Hayden's, Baker's, and Knob Creek.

Tim

Have always enjoyed Woodford and Jefferson Reserve, but lately Buffalo Trace has been very good.

A few years ago a bottle of Trace and I had a bad ending in a fairly glorious and often talked about night :a46:. Needless to say I have not been able to get on that wonderous smoky flavored pony again :blushing:

Generally Makers Mark is my drink of choice, but I've been meaning to give that WT American Honey a try. Four Roses will probably be given a shot in 2010 as well.

Generally Makers Mark is my drink of choice, but I've been meaning to give that WT American Honey a try. Four Roses will probably be given a shot in 2010 as well.

Definitely give the American Honey a try. Very different taste especially if you like sweet. Its as close as I can get to Glayva, which they don't sell in the USA.

Woodford is my standard bourbon. Also like Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. Going to try a bottle of Hudson Baby Bourbon for the holidays. http://tuthilltown.com/products/aged-spirits/hudson-baby-bourbon-whiskey/

Texas is Weller Country!
It's always been heavily distributed there, and I'm told that their base product, Weller Special Reserve, is the well bourbon in many bars throughout Texas.

If you like Maker's, Weller should be pretty familiar and hit your tastebuds right. They both feature the "whisper of wheat" instead of rye in their mashbills. Only a few other brands have the wheater recipe (notably Van Winkle, which shares facilities with Weller).

Roger
I enjoy Weller as well, but started with Maker's and have just stuck with it. My Dad has a bottle of Weller Special Reserve at his place that gets a taste whenever I go down to see him.

Top Bottom