What's new

Bourbon drinkers. What is your favorite?

As a long time drinker of the great American Whiskey, I was wondering what my brothers here at B&B drink when it comes to Kentucky goodness. I stick mostly to Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve.

I drink it over ice by the way. Juleps are for ladies in big hats.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
1-Woodford
2-Maker's Mark
3-Elijah Craig

As a long time drinker of the great American Whiskey, I was wondering what my brothers here at B&B drink when it comes to Kentucky goodness. I stick mostly to Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve.

I drink it over ice by the way. Juleps are for ladies in big hats.

+1 Makers Mark
+1 Woodford Reserve

As a Kentucky Colonel I may have to disagree about the mint julep, on Derby Day nothing could be finer! :a54:

Oh and if anyone is ever near Lexington be sure to take a tour of the Woodford distillery. A few years back I took one of my son's and when we walked into the aging room with all of the barrels of whiskey you would almost get drunk from the aroma! To this day Woodford is one of my son's favorite whiskeys.

A consensus! I too would say Woodford and Makers Mark in that order, although bourbon in general is of amazingly high quality.

Four Roses is coming on strong these days, with several excellent, unchill filtered special editions.

It's also hard to pass up Buffalo Trace with their BTAC lineup od Stagg, Handy and Larue Weller.

But if I'm just gonna keep it simple, you can't go wrong with Grand Dad 114 or Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

Roger

Jefferson's Reserve for drinking straight up (or on the rocks once in a while)

I'll settle for Woodford Reserve for mixing drinks (good deal at Trader Joe's)

At the bar, usually won't go higher end than Maker's...

Don't know if it's my favorite, but I've had a big bottle of Nob Creek that I've had for a while. I like it and probably won't replace it with other bourbon until it's done.

Spendy = Basil Hayden's
Thrifty = Evan Williams, and Ezra Brooks > both are best enjoyed with ice, and maybe a bit of branch water.

Top Bottom