Blade: Kai (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tabac (tallow)
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
20210814_181228~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Bootlegger's Brigands
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Bowl: N/A - Face Lathered
Lather: Tabac (tallow)
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
20210816_165737_2.jpg

Bootlegger's Green Freeze sure cools things off on a really hot day! :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It’s been a while since I used Eldorado. As hot as it’s been the greens and menthols have been my choice. But, today, Eldorado just seemed to be the perfect choice.

View attachment 1314568

Awesome! I have always been very seasonal with my aftershaves. And you are right, these hot dog days of Summer in August, just seems to cry out for blue or green menthol splashes.

I don’t think I have ever tried my own EL Dorado when the temps are hot. Not even for a night shave which I think would be nice! :)

When I created the Bootlegger’s Series of aftershaves, my goals for each of them, was in making an outstanding mix for the different seasons.

While many use them all year, I personally like them in this order.

Bootlegger’s Original Bay Rum: colder weather, especially around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

Bootlegger’s Lime Bay Rum: Springtime and warmer weather. Sometimes night shaves on the cooler days of Summer.

Bootlegger’s Green Freeze and Artic Lime Blast: are both perfect, cooling splashes for the hot, humid and sticky, sweaty times of the year.

Bootleggers Perfecto Maduro: is a great cooler weather scent like in the fall. Very much Reminiscent vibe, like Tabac has in cooler weather.

Bootlegger’s EL Dorado: just has that manly, masculine John Wayne type of scent that can be used anytime of year, day or night.

And lastly, Bootlegger’s Perfecto Virginia, with it’s non spicy and pure bay oil, with slight hints of orange citrus and green tobacco flower, make it especially perfect for those humid summertime nights out on the town when a nice change up from menthol splashes is desired.

@Ted A if you have never tried my Bootlegger’s Perfecto, PM me your mailing address and I will send you a gift sample for you to try. Many who have tried it, gave it wonderful reviews back before one of its ingredients was discontinued and became impossible to acquire.

I would love to send you some and hear what you think about it? :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've found that, over time, the scent of the Bootlegger's mixes actually gets better. El Dorado more so than the others, but I think it's true for all of them.

OkieStubble

I've found that, over time, the scent of the Bootlegger's mixes actually gets better. El Dorado more so than the others, but I think it's true for all of them.

Agreed. I do notice the good you ageing more with EL Dorado than I do Green Freeze.

It could just be my perception, but I swear I can discern a peppery note in the Original Bay Rum when it’s aged.

One of these days I‘ll mix some more, but I have a little time yet. I tend to wait until I collect the ingredients for a couple of blends and then mix several. I have to get around to the bay rum and lime bay rum soon

OkieStubble

One of these days I‘ll mix some more, but I have a little time yet. I tend to wait until I collect the ingredients for a couple of blends and then mix several. I have to get around to the bay rum and lime bay rum soon

I think you will enjoy them when you do. :)

Bootleggers Brigands

Razor: Rockwell 6C, plate 3
Blade: Astra Platinum (3)
Brush: Stirling 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto

3868EA29-CD25-42AC-B9BD-8F955876DA36.jpeg

Thank you, OkieStubble. Perfecto is nice on first use. i worked in a tobacco shop when I was in college. I was expecting more of a cigar leaf scent. This was a nice surprise.

Top Bottom