What's new

Bootlegger's Brigands!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I mixed up a batch of Bootleggers Bay Rum yesterday. Used it this morning. It’s going to get frequent use I think. Nice feel. Nice scent

I am so glad you are enjoying the entire Bootlegger’s Series of aftershaves. Creating them all was an enjoyable time of research and experimentation for me and an absolute labor of love.

I am so thankful so many here at B&B enjoy them. :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
While they’re probably not exact clone’s of the Bootlegger’s Perfectos, from your description in your reviews it sounds like they are really close. When I originally created both mixes and sent them out for reviews and blind testing from many chosen B&B members. I was only looking for the most favorite amongst the reviews and was only going to go with one.

But the reviews were split down the middle. It wasn’t until one of the members suggested keeping both and calling the lighter mix Virginia as it is a lighter tobacco leaf and the darker version Maduro.

Both Perfecto’s were an instant hit in the aftershave forum and became very popular until the Vitos Colonia Tobacco could not be had in the states any longer.

Your awesome reviews and experience with them both reminds me of those past days, where members couldn’t decide which one they liked best. :)

I have really wanted to here of what you would have thought of these two Bootlegger’s, especially since you are such a collector of all types of Bay Rums. It does me good to read that you and your better half enjoy them.

I think the lighter Virginia is well suited for warmer weather and bright days, while the Maduro is suited for colder weather and date night. :)

I recall that...equally liked. To my nose, using the WSP Tobacco, they're both good. However, the price of the WSP product does make it a little cost prohibitive. I definitely will not be mixing these again because of it. Thankfully, I now have a full 5oz. bottle of each.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
While it would bring the cost up mixing @JCarr version of Perfecto, his version is obtainable?

WSP Tobacco is definitely available through...Wet Shaving Products Tobacco.

Aftershave Tonic Splash 100ml Artisan & Small Batch (Tobacco) - https://wetshavingproducts.com/collections/aftershave-splash-tonic/products/aftershave-tonic-splash-100ml-artisan-small-batch-tobacco

The description from their website:

Tobacco - It does NOT smell like cigarettes. This is a “green” tobacco scent. It’s a fresh & clean smell. It’s modern & upbeat. It works perfectly as an everyday scent to wear work, the bar, the golf club, etc.

Cured tobacco leaf & flower are the stars of this blend. We started with notes of cured tobacco for the base, and added top notes of bay leaf, and fir to create an intoxicating blend of tobacco and bay leaf. It just smells great; which is why it’s my second most popular scent behind barbershop.

OkieStubble

WSP Tobacco is definitely available through...Wet Shaving Products Tobacco.

Aftershave Tonic Splash 100ml Artisan & Small Batch (Tobacco) - https://wetshavingproducts.com/collections/aftershave-splash-tonic/products/aftershave-tonic-splash-100ml-artisan-small-batch-tobacco

The description from their website:

Tobacco - It does NOT smell like cigarettes. This is a “green” tobacco scent. It’s a fresh & clean smell. It’s modern & upbeat. It works perfectly as an everyday scent to wear work, the bar, the golf club, etc.

Cured tobacco leaf & flower are the stars of this blend. We started with notes of cured tobacco for the base, and added top notes of bay leaf, and fir to create an intoxicating blend of tobacco and bay leaf. It just smells great; which is why it’s my second most popular scent behind barbershop.

Sounds intriguing. So does the Barbershop. If I wasn’t such a cheap miser by nature, I would probably have as many artisan splashes as I do drugstore. :)

OkieStubble

Bootlegger’s Bay Rum Season. :)

4D0C6DF0-020C-4938-882E-D379154C47F7.jpeg

OkieStubble

Splashed on the Original Bay Rum again after my shave. this is the first time in a long while, I have used the original Bay Rum, during consecutive shaves. The wind here, is blowing cold and blustery. It's just perfect, fall / bay rum weather. :)

Oklahoma is a state that is famous for it's weather extremes. It's either blistering hot, or blizzard cold. Fall and Spring are always very short lived here, so being a seasonal guy, I try to get all the spicy and clovey bay rum action I can get in. :)

OkieStubble

I tried to decide between Bay Rum and Eldorado. In the end, Bay Rum seemed a bit more celebratory.

Yeah, Between The Thanksgiving and New Year Holidays is probably my heaviest usage of Bootlegger's Bay Rum all year. EL Dorado I use the most during the coldest days after the New Year and before Spring. I try to sneak in other aftershaves every once in awhile inbetween them, from alot of the vintage stuff I have, like vintage Halston Z-14, British Sterling, English Leather, the original Polo Green, Grey Flannel, Vintage Obsession by Calvin Klein, Coty Musk and many others.

Too many and too much variety to sneak them all in on any given year. And I still have to make room for some of the wife's modern favorites like Aqua Velva Musk. :)

I don't know if this is useful to anyone, but PJ Distributors sells the Superior 70 products quite cheaply, ($3 to 6 bucks). It is a $500 minimum order plus flat rate.

Top Bottom