What's new

Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Valid concern, but here is the truth about the Maltese or Iron Cross:
Of all the military crosses, the most infamous is Germany's IRON CROSS. Thanks to the negative impact Adolf Hitler has left upon civilization, the Iron Cross has become somewhat tainted. Prior to Hitler it had always been a glorious medal that represented bravery and heroism. It seems to be making a comeback as a symbol of bravery and individualism over the past few decades. You will also see this in the very common but slightly stylized fire department symbols (bravery indeed). Lets, not forget the past lest we relive it, but not dwell on it either.
View attachment 418257

Thank you. With all the reactionary, revisionary, etc opinions about Maltese crosses and Swastikas, it's nice to see some reason.

Well, I just mixed my first bottle after having to wait to find the Super 70 and Masters. I was enjoying the Pinauds on its own. I then received the Masters.. that was as many say a bit sticky. The super 70 seems to be rubbing alcohol with a hint of bay rum. I mixed the 3 and got a nice burn with the good scent. Found a really cool frosted glass soap dispenser bottle from the local bed and bath storm and now I just pump it out after a shave and awesomeness ensues.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I just pump it out after a shave and awesomeness ensues.

Lol'd. I'm glad you like it. Superior 70 does have a high alcohol content. But the real bay oil from Puerto Rico that's in it, gives the mix an authentic rich Bay rum appeal. And the alcohol in the Superior 70 is just the ticket to knock down that stickiness you feel from all the glycerin that is in the Master's. It also tones down the heavy clove and cinnamol that is in the PVIBR to just the right amount.

The trifecta becomes a very synergistic blended bay rum. Because of the clove and cinnamon, I like it more in cooler weather. If you would like a nice spin on a light, breezy, summer time bay rum, that has orange citrus and tobacco notes behind a non cloved bay rum,
you should try Bootlegger's Bay Rum Perfecto Virginia.

Bootlegger's Perfecto Virginia - Equal parts: Master + Superior 70 + Vitos Colonia Tobacco.

Feels great after the shave and smells like Havana Cuba! :)

Resurrecting and old thread:

I received some Bootleggers from [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION] (same stuff, right KJ?) recently. And it is now my favorite AS! I have one other Bay Rum AS (Suavecito) and the Bootlegger is definitely better. Doesn't hurt that the wife loves it!

I received some Bootleggers from @TheVez2 (same stuff, right KJ?)
Yep, same stuff. The best bay rum out there for the price. There may be a few out there that are better, but not by much, and you'll pay 4 times the amount for them. This stuff can be mixed up super cheap. See the Bootlegger's link in my thread to learn more.

I live in Oklahoma and can't find any Bayrum sented aftershave anywhere. Any suggestions where I should look locally??

Walgreens carries pinaud VIBR and Superior 70, in some locations. Of yours doesn't, they should be able to order it in for you.

We used to be able to get Master BR at Sally Beauty, but I think they stopped carrying it, chain wide.

You can look to see if you have any other barber supply places, or some barbershops sell it to.

I mixed up a batch of Bootlegger's Bay Rum today. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.

imcndn

$Bootleggers_BayRum.jpg

Top Bottom