What's new

Boot socks. What do you wear?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Throlos boot socks.

proxy.php

And ordered these as well.

Throlos are almost indestructible. I have a few from my running days. Still use them in the gym. Most are probably 10 years old. Not one ever had a hole.

I bought a pair of Smart Wool and a pair of Darn Tough at the same time a while back. Similar weight and worn equally, the Smart Wool are shot, hole through the toe, see through thin in places while the Darn Tough show no wear. I bought three more pair of the Darn Tough on Sunday.

dave

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I bought a pair of Smart Wool and a pair of Darn Tough at the same time a while back. Similar weight and worn equally, the Smart Wool are shot, hole through the toe, see through thin in places while the Darn Tough show no wear. I've bought three more pair of the Darn Tough on Sunday.

dave

Interesting.

I will have to give DT that same sort of comparison testing, to see how they fare under my feet.

Fox river socks. I've had them for over 3 years and they are still solid and stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Just put on my work boots over the Dern Tough socks for a 12 hr shift. We'll see how they hold up. I wore them around the house before work and I am impressed so far.

Lots of expensive socks for work boots. I have smartwool socks and they are great, but expensive. Try Costco Kirkland merino wool socks. Just as good at the fraction of the price.
Johnny

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Just pulled up the Dern Tough socks for the first time tonight. Maybe my boots are to loose. Or I walk funny. Who knows.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I bought them off Amazon. So far they are tops, even with the falling down my leg.

I have the Throlos on now. Far and away the most comfortable pair of socks I've worn. The cushion on the bottom makes it feel like you are walking on a sponge. Feel kind of different in my boots though. Will report back.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
tell me about it. I'm at a loss. Maybe I need those sock suspenders after all.

Top Bottom