What's new

Boot socks. What do you wear?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No sweat issues here. I'm in my socks roughly 16 hours on work days. I just bought these a couple weeks ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTQ5244/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like the extra cushion because it makes my boots and walking around a lot more comfortable. I do about 5-7 miles just at work, and that's if I take a cart around. If I decide to walk for every plant check then it's closer to 10 miles. They are a thick sock but there is no sweat after a full day of work.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No sweat issues here. I'm in my socks roughly 16 hours on work days. I just bought these a couple weeks ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XTQ5244/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like the extra cushion because it makes my boots and walking around a lot more comfortable. I do about 5-7 miles just at work, and that's if I take a cart around. If I decide to walk for every plant check then it's closer to 10 miles. They are a thick sock but there is no sweat after a full day of work.
I need to look at those then, too. Thanks.

You guys got me looking at the Thorlos now. Would try the Darn Tough, but they don't make all black, and the uniform regs don't leave me much room for colorful options!

Smartwool PhD's for me.

I bought a pair of Darn Toughs and a pair of similar weight and style Smart Wools together as i hadn't tried either. No comparison, the Smart Wools my big toes blew through and the backs of the heels and balls of the feet became see through. The Darn Toughs, i have weeks worth now, i can't tell the original pair, maybe very close observation necessary but to just grab a pair and throw them on, no idea.

dave

I bought a pair of Darn Toughs and a pair of similar weight and style Smart Wools together as i hadn't tried either. No comparison, the Smart Wools my big toes blew through and the backs of the heels and balls of the feet became see through. The Darn Toughs, i have weeks worth now, i can't tell the original pair, maybe very close observation necessary but to just grab a pair and throw them on, no idea.

dave
Weird! I've been wearing them for going on 8 years and only threw out my very first pair after 6 because they finally wore out. I've had great luck with them and continue to recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Weird! I've been wearing them for going on 8 years and only threw out my very first pair after 6 because they finally wore out. I've had great luck with them and continue to recommend them to anyone and everyone.

On no, another one of those cases but i'll refrain from typing that four letter acronym. Possibly mine were a lemon pair.

dave

I didn't read all the responses, but I wear Wolverine boot socks. They are fairly expensive, but last for a long time. My only complaint is that after about a year, the tops stretch out really badly... which means I have to buy more.
Other than that, they are basically compression socks, and are great for wearing with cowboy boots, etc.

Darn Tough is the only brand I've worn consistently that doesn't wear holes within six months in a regular (1-2 wears / week) rotation.

Smartwool and Fox River have been good, but seem to wear out pretty quickly.

Darn Tough and SmartWool are the best. I wear wool socks year 'round, and those are the best I've encountered. They seem expensive at first glance, but I've got pairs that get worn once a week that are 3 years old and still look new. (Wash with regular clothes/ detergent, hang dry) You can get a variety of thicknesses, lengths, etc. I've got pairs that are thin dress-socks in a crew style, up to mid-calf heavy-weight for wearing under workboots in the winter. I won't buy anything else.
BOOM! THIS^^^^^
I must have 50 pairs of smartwool and darn tough, maybe more. :blink: OK, probably more.

Anything cotton should be avoided.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since I only bought one pair, and wore them yesterday, my feet are missing the Darn Toughs.

i like darn tough a lot. but very seldom wear my boots since i have neuropathy in my feet. have maybe 7 pair of Nicks boots, and Whites boots just sitting. will be selling them someday 11 wide

Top Bottom