What's new

Blade Wars: Gillette Nacet vs Perma-Sharp Super

Shave 2
Face lathered with Nivea Sensitive Cream
blue=right side of fave, silver=left

Pass 1: Blue had a crisp, sharp, new-blade feel. It felt a little bumpy. Silver had even resistance throughout, but dragged more than blue.

Pass 2: I could feel the blade in the blue razor. There was some resistance, but it was pleasant. Silver was soother than blue.

Advantage: Tie

Here's my bet ..... and the winner is ???

IMG_3263.jpg

Shave 3
Face lathered with Tabac
silver=right side, blue=left

Pass 1 - When the silver blade started moving down the side of my face, I said, "Wow!" out loud. It had that wonderful feeling of a top-tier blade in its prime. Even-feeling "reel mower" crisp clipping. Blue gave me a very good pass, too.

Pass 2 - Silver was pretty similar to the first pass: slight, even resistance throughout. Blue had no resistance at all. It flew across my face. What a glide!

I thought after the first pass that this shave had a clear-cut winner - but then blue gave me that fantastic second pass to earn the tie.

Tie! No sudden death?? :a29:
I was running a little late this morning, so I opted not to do a third pass. I wonder if a third pass would have been a tie breaker. Maybe I'll work so hard today that I'll fall asleep early, get a good night's rest, and pop out of bed with plenty of energy and time to do three passes in the morning. Of course, if I'm going to work that hard, I should probably stop writing this and actually do my job.

I was running a little late this morning, so I opted not to do a third pass. I wonder if a third pass would have been a tie breaker. Maybe I'll work so hard today that I'll fall asleep early, get a good night's rest, and pop out of bed with plenty of energy and time to do three passes in the morning. Of course, if I'm going to work that hard, I should probably stop writing this and actually do my job.

Good man! Don’t work too hard (certainly not during the Holiday Season)!! :a14::a14:

Shave 4
Face lathered with Prorsao Red
blue=right, silver=left

I did something I haven't done in years. I went to work unshaved yesterday to allow my beard to grow in a little and give these blades a good test.

Pass 1: Blue had slight resistance. Silver felt sharper than blue and gave me that pleasant "reel mower" feeling again.

Pass 2: Blue was like glass. Silver had slight, pleasant, even resistance.

Pass 3: No contest. There was a big difference between the blades. Blue again was as smooth as glass. Silver's drag hurt on my neck and was prickly throughout.

Advantage: Blue

Shave 5
Face lathered with Valobra stick (this is a wonderful soap that I don't hear many speak about)
silver=right, blue=left

Pass 1: Silver dragged. It seems to be losing its sharpness. Blue felt considerable sharper.
Pass 2: Silver dragged again. Blue glided right along. Blue's first passes aren't the smoothest, most comfortable I've ever had, but it shines in subsequent passes.

Advantage: Blue

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
While I do have Perma-Sharps, I haven't tried one yet. However from past experience, silver is sounding like the Nacet to me.

Shave 6
Face lathered with Italian Barber Aquatico
blue=right, silver=left

Pass 1: Blue glided along with very little resistance. It didn't feel like it was cutting through the wiry hairs on my chin, and I felt myself pressing more than I probably should. Silver had a hint of that "reel mower" feel that I enjoy.

Pass 2: Blue: Good pass - a little bumpy feeling. Silver: There is some resistance, but it is enjoyable and pleasant. I can feel the entire length of the blade on my face.

Pass 3: Blue: Glided along with very little resistance. Silver: Slightly more resistance, but even and comfortable.

Great shave. I feel a little bit of tenderness on my neck, but I'll take it. Advantage: tie.

Top Bottom