What's new

Picked up some Perma-Sharps from Amazon

So, I just tried Perma-Sharp for the first time. Used Parker Variant OC set to 2, which is the lower of the settings I use with Astra SP (2-2.5), and gives me a proven benchmark performance to check against.

At the first shave, Perma-Sharp was excellent - sharp and smooth. I’d say it indeed falls in between Feather and Astra. That said, I wouldn’t pay twice for it over the already great (for me) Astra, as it doesn’t provide a night and day difference. Now, let’s see how it performs in other razors and how long it lasts. I typically bin Astras after 5th shave, and I could probably squeeze a couple more before it starts to deteriorate.

Update: Well Amazon did it again. I reordered the 100 Perma-Sharp DE blades and once again received the 1/2 DE blades. Asked for a refund and ordered 100 DE blades elsewhere.

Now I need to take both incorrect orders to UPS.
Mine came today, they messed my order up again too.

Make sure to leave negative feedback for the seller.

Yes, some people put comments on the seller and Amazon is taking responsibility.

I got my order that I re-placed... Another pack of 1/2 blades. This was the same seller, but from a different Amazon warehouse than last time.

Yes, some people put comments on the seller and Amazon is taking responsibility.

I got my order that I re-placed... Another pack of 1/2 blades. This was the same seller, but from a different Amazon warehouse than last time.
Yeah I saw in the seller reviews that Amazon fulfillment noted that they were responsible.
I don’t know if that should give me more or less hope that this will be remedied in a timely manner.

For one of the packs I returned today, I opted for Amazon to send the correct replacement rather than a refund.
We’ll see what happens.

I did my third shave with it. I am not ready to give a full review because I have been sloppy with shaving. I don't think it is fair to the blade.

All I can say so far is I definitely need 2 passes with the Perma-Sharps, even with the R41. Otherwise, I am actually enjoying the blade quite a bit. I do feel it offers more flexibility to practice technique.

Okay, the verdict is in. I am digging these blades.

Like I said, it isn't as sharp as a Feather, but it shaves really well. I mentioned it offers a bit more flexibility, which I think is still the case. I actually think the 2nd and 3rd shave are better than the first shave. That could be a technique issue, and this might change over time, but it felt like my first shave was less smooth.

All in all, I am enjoying it and look forward to the next 28 blades.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Okay, the verdict is in. I am digging these blades.

Like I said, it isn't as sharp as a Feather, but it shaves really well. I mentioned it offers a bit more flexibility, which I think is still the case. I actually think the 2nd and 3rd shave are better than the first shave. That could be a technique issue, and this might change over time, but it felt like my first shave was less smooth.

All in all, I am enjoying it and look forward to the next 28 blades.
I'm glad I stocked up a few months ago now.... I bought my last batch on Dec. 18th last year... and the price had gone up to $12 a hundred.... my first batch were just over $10 a hundred... I missed the $8 and change pricing... but I have 1100 of them, so I'm good for a "while"...... If I out live them, that is. <eg>

I got a box of the 1/2 blades as well. Luckily, they work in my Ever-Ready 1912, so I'll keep them. I also have a few hundred of the full DE versions of these so I'm only mildly inconvenienced. I only ordered more since they were $8.

Top Bottom