What's new

Alternative to Gillette Perma-Sharp

I really enjoy the Gillette Perma-Sharp. They are very sharp and very smooth in my Mühle R89 and my Gillette Tech.

Is there any non-Gillette blade that is similar in feel? I know it's extremely YMMV.

How about Indian Gillette blades? They make a few very sharp blades that perform beautifully in the right razor. 7 O'Clock Permasharp/Black Super Platinum and 365 are all excellent blades. I prefer them to a number of Russian Gillettes.

I really enjoy the Gillette Perma-Sharp. They are very sharp and very smooth in my Mühle R89 and my Gillette Tech.

Is there any non-Gillette blade that is similar in feel? I know it's extremely YMMV.
I know you mention non-Gillette, but Minora's work very well for me in the R89.
Try Personna Reds or Med-Preps, German Wilkies, and Lord Super Chromes in addition to Wizamets or PolSilvers

BiCs have always been edgy for me in the R89

Non Gillette blades:
BiC
Rapira Platinum Lux
Treet Platinum
Super-Max Platinum (if you can find them)
Lord Silver Star
Treet and Lord is added to the list thanks!

I know you mention non-Gillette, but Minora's work very well for me in the R89.
Try Personna Reds or Med-Preps, German Wilkies, and Lord Super Chromes in addition to Wizamets or PolSilvers

BiCs have always been edgy for me in the R89
I have tried the German Wilkies - I do not think they are near as sharp and smooth as Perma-Sharp - but will look into some of the others 😎

I had good luck with "Big Ben, Blue Tuck", made by Lord. I bought a 100 earlier this year, as I was so impressed.

Top Bottom