What's new

Blackland SE

Oh, that is a painful sight! It's nice to know that Shane even has replacement parts for sale. Can't beat that service though. I used my Vector this morning and I'd feel the same as you if I dropped it. :001_07: I'm glad it all ended well.

Tell me about it. I was full boil, Goldilocks mode once she got caught by the Three Bears.

Thats got to be one tough sink Gus!! It looks like the blade was dented also in the pic. Glad to see Shane standing behind his product as usual...

Yes. Not a mark on the sink. It actually hit the faucet as I did a juggling act trying to prevent it from slamming into it. No use, all butterfingers on my part.

That's why the man gets my business. Loyalty and standing behind your product means something. To me at least it does.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Gus You weren't shaving with a Turkey Drumstick in one hand and the Vector in The other were You
:) Glad to hear that You got it resolved Gus and that is Great customer service for Sure .

I would like to share something that happened to me this past Thanksgiving morning. A situation arose that left me in a semi panic mode. The unthinkable happened as I dropped my new Vector razor and damaged it. The guard was bent and rendered it useless.

View attachment 930459

Here is a copy of the email that I sent Shane that same morning and his response earlier today.....

View attachment 930459

Hi Augustin,

What a shame! Not to worry, though. I'll pop a new base plate in the mail for you tomorrow. You've been a great customer for the last year or two so no need to pay for the replacement part.

Thank you!

Shane Swartzlander
Blackland LLC

[email protected]
www.blacklandrazors.com
(765)268-0525

---- On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:17:21 -0500 Squarespace <[email protected]> wrote ----

Name: Augustin Jaime

Email Address: *************@**********

Subject: Disaster! My Vector got bent!!

First I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving for you, your family and loved ones. May it be a day of cheer, good eats and laughter.

My dilemma. Disaster struck me this morning right after my shave. I was setting my SOTD pic for one of the shave forums when the unspeakable happened. I dropped my Vector razor and it hit a corner of my SS sink in the bathroom and it bent the guard terribly. It was a complete brain dead move. I’m asking if there are replacement base plates so that I can purchase one asap. If they are not available as a stand alone yet, please let me know when they become available? I’m in dire straights here as so far it has been without a doubt my favorite SE and one of my top 5 razors in my den. Just kidding on the dire straights part but, whenever they are available just let me know. My apologies for troubling you during the holidays.

Much thanks and appreciated......

Sincerest Regards,
Augustin

How’s that for customer service? The man gets it, period. I was more than willing to pay for it but, it just goes to show you that he stands behind his product and believes in taking care of his customers. There are a few more razor makers that would have done the same thing and have done it as many can attest too. It’s a great to know that in the wet shaving world we have honest people that run an honest business and are not in it just for the money grab. More vendors and manufacturers should take note.

Happy shaves Gents.....

Well that leads to two very useful conclusions: 1 If we didn't already know it, Shane runs a classy business and will do well and go far, and 2 Don't anyone ever shave anywhere near your sink - OMG is your sink made out of Amazonium (ie Wonder Woman's bracelets), Admantium (ie Wolverine's skeleton/claws) or Vibranium (ie Captain America's shield).

AJ

Well that leads to two very useful conclusions: 1 If we didn't already know it, Shane runs a classy business and will do well and go far, and 2 Don't anyone ever shave anywhere near your sink - OMG is your sink made out of Amazonium (ie Wonder Woman's bracelets), Admantium (ie Wolverine's skeleton/claws) or Vibranium (ie Captain America's shield).

AJ

On point 1. Yes, Shane has his **** (expletive) together and he cares about his products and customers.
Point 2. I acquired the sink & faucet from Thanos himself. You know what would happen if I told you what it was made of, right? It would be Apocalyptic...... I'm taking one for all mankind! :001_tt2:

Wow that is a class act...from reading the forums I got the impression that he is a great guy...ironically that impression led me to buy a new sabre from him as opposed to trying to trade for one or buy used...glad to see my decision was validated ...now just need to wait for it to arrive
On point 1. Yes, Shane has his **** (expletive) together and he cares about his products and customers.
Point 2. I acquired the sink & faucet from Thanos himself. You know what would happen if I told you what it was made of, right? It would be Apocalyptic...... I'm taking one for all mankind! :001_tt2:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gus You weren't shaving with a Turkey Drumstick in one hand and the Vector in The other were You
:) Glad to hear that You got it resolved Gus and that is Great customer service for Sure .

Lol! Steve, I wish I did have a drumstick. At least I would of had an excuse. :07: :a13:

I would like to share something that happened to me this past Thanksgiving morning. A situation arose that left me in a semi panic mode. The unthinkable happened as I dropped my new Vector razor and damaged it. The guard was bent and rendered it useless.

View attachment 930459

Here is a copy of the email that I sent Shane that same morning and his response earlier today.....

View attachment 930459

Hi Augustin,

What a shame! Not to worry, though. I'll pop a new base plate in the mail for you tomorrow. You've been a great customer for the last year or two so no need to pay for the replacement part.

Thank you!

Shane Swartzlander
Blackland LLC
[email protected]
www.blacklandrazors.com
(765)268-0525

---- On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:17:21 -0500 Squarespace <[email protected]> wrote ----

Name: Augustin Jaime

Email Address: *************@**********

Subject: Disaster! My Vector got bent!!

First I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving for you, your family and loved ones. May it be a day of cheer, good eats and laughter.

My dilemma. Disaster struck me this morning right after my shave. I was setting my SOTD pic for one of the shave forums when the unspeakable happened. I dropped my Vector razor and it hit a corner of my SS sink in the bathroom and it bent the guard terribly. It was a complete brain dead move. I’m asking if there are replacement base plates so that I can purchase one asap. If they are not available as a stand alone yet, please let me know when they become available? I’m in dire straights here as so far it has been without a doubt my favorite SE and one of my top 5 razors in my den. Just kidding on the dire straights part but, whenever they are available just let me know. My apologies for troubling you during the holidays.

Much thanks and appreciated......

Sincerest Regards,
Augustin

How’s that for customer service? The man gets it, period. I was more than willing to pay for it but, it just goes to show you that he stands behind his product and believes in taking care of his customers. There are a few more razor makers that would have done the same thing and have done it as many can attest too. It’s a great to know that in the wet shaving world we have honest people that run an honest business and are not in it just for the money grab. More vendors and manufacturers should take note.

Happy shaves Gents.....

Were you all thumbs that day haha. I am glad to see that he did that for you. I agree other people and vendors should take note on how to treat paying customers.
Happy shaves my friend
Jason

I was one of the first to receive my Vector from Shane as we are both in the SF Bay area. Three weeks into using it, I am as still as impressed with it as when I first received it.

full

full

full

Gus good morning, You didn't say if You took the SOTD Photo or not ?

Actually, I did. But, I never posted the pic in an SOTD. I was just so upset when it happened. But, I’ll post it here so you can see it. Look at the left side of the razor head in the pic. There was no way of hiding that.... :c17:

95724863-6A1F-4C14-976D-E50051B99F29.jpeg

Actually, I did. But, I never posted the pic in an SOTD. I was just so upset when it happened. But, I’ll post it here so you can see it. Look at the left side of the razor head in the pic. There was no way of hiding that.... :c17:

View attachment 930854

I drilled a hole in the bottom of my ATT handle and installed a wrist strap thanks to you! I don't think the SE1 will bend that easily, but you have me paranoid.

jk...

I have gotten 4 shaves with my new Blackland Vector. Won't do a full review just yet but my initial assessment is that this is a great razor and a great addition to the modern AC type razors. Seems impossible to get nicked nor irritated from this razor and it feels like a Lamborgini in the face (really easy to maneuver due to its head size). Will do a full review and SE1 comparison in 3 weeks or so, to be able to get a full assessment.

I have gotten 4 shaves with my new Blackland Vector. Won't do a full review just yet but my initial assessment is that this is a great razor and a great addition to the modern AC type razors. Seems impossible to get nicked nor irritated from this razor and it feels like a Lamborgini in the face (really easy to maneuver due to its head size). Will do a full review and SE1 comparison in 3 weeks or so, to be able to get a full assessment.
I look forward to hearing your comparison of these 2 razors, and I agree the Vector is like a sweet sportscar zooming around my face.

Fourth shave in on a Proline and I think I'm getting the hang of this razor. My shaves are always close with no irritation and I don't think it's possible to cut myself with this. The shaves are getting smoother but they are less smooth than my favorite DE, even though the Vector's shaves are closer. Still, I love using this razor. Between this and the Paradigm I'm in shaver heaven.

Fourth shave in on a Proline and I think I'm getting the hang of this razor. My shaves are always close with no irritation and I don't think it's possible to cut myself with this. The shaves are getting smoother but they are less smooth than my favorite DE, even though the Vector's shaves are closer. Still, I love using this razor. Between this and the Paradigm I'm in shaver heaven.

Pressure, angle or lather... changes on one or all three will smooth things out!

Also, flip the blade over after every shave, don't ask why...

Top Bottom