What's new

Blackland SE

Any news on this upcoming new SE anyone?

It's a good looking piece. Ultra slim profile. I'm salivating over this razor already....

Can't post a link but here's a teaser....

FB_IMG_1533038601538.jpg

IMightBeWrong, made a valid point, Blackland makes very elegant and aesthetically attractive razors. My Sabre I sometimes take out of the box just to admire the looks and built quality. The new forthcoming SE really looks amazing. I only hope it's an efficient, smooth razor. Makers know how to make an efficient razor, until now they were a little behind on the smoothness department. Not any more though, with offerings llike the Sabre, the Karve, 17-4, Rockwell, Timeless, are all smooth razors. I only hope the new SE is also.

Looks like it will be priced the same as the Blackbird & Sabre, which is $185 as per what Shane at Blackland stated on another forum. Hopefully available sometime this month or September the latest.

One individual that I presume is testing one of the prototypes stated that it is light and nimble but still constructed of high quality alloys (stainless I believe) and gives a very smooth but efficient shave.

This was straight from Shane himself on why the design and slim profile-
"It’s not meant to replace or compete with the Sabre so if you love the Sabre then I’d probably just stick with that. The new SE was designed primarily to address the problems I have with most AC razors- they’re big, bulky, heavy, and not maneuverable".

Also, for the injector enthusiasts he has an injector designed razor that could become a reality in the future.

Blackland is cooking it up....

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I didn’t care for the Dart but once my refund comes in I’m confident I’ll love the Sabre. I also haven’t tried an AC type razor I didn’t care for yet so I’m definitely going to try out the new SE when it’s abailaa and funds permit.

Yes this is the price Shane gave me also on his FB page. I do have the Sabre and love it, but I don't agree that the Blackland SE will be addressing the problem of most SE's not being manageable and manouverable. Let us not forget the El-Jefe aka MR-SE which is light and slim and manoeuvrable. I have the MR-SE along with another two El-jefe and love their shaving attributes but cannot wait to compare it with the Blckland SE when it comes out.

Last edited:
Between this and the Paradigm AC razor the second half of this year is going to be exciting for AC razor users.

It looks nice.

I don't have one issue with the ATT SE1, it's perfect. They nailed it for me and my technique. With a Schick Proline, I only shave ATG.

The El Jefe is a close second to the SE1 and was my favorite and doesn't get used anymore. Every now and then I use the El Jefe.

I'll be watching the reviews of this one but am not eager to try it. They came mild with the Sabre L1, not efficient enough for me, and then the later more efficient L2, we will see if they follow that same route with their AC SE.

Last edited:
I have on the rotation the ATT SE2 OC which is a little more aggressive than the MR-SE, both on the P-30 proline. I like the MR-SE not only on account of its shaving abilities, but also on the nimbleness, being slim and manoeuvrable which the Blackland SE is also.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I had the ATT SE2 and didn’t feel it was all that maneuverable. Not unmanageable, but definitely not as easy to navigate with as some of my DE and GEM Razors. It’ll be interesting to see how much improvement this slim head design offers.

Because the current design, especially the handle, would be much too heavy in stainless steel. At least that is what Andy said a few month ago.

Titanium I’d go for but absolutely not aluminum. I wonder why not offer SS?

Good point about why not SS. But, the Paradigm SE that has been going around to a few select testers shows in pics that it's not a small razor. Even has some looks and slight resemblance to the 50's DeHaven SE razor. Imagine that thing in SS? Gym membership time. Plus the Ti would strike a good balance between both alum & ss weight wise. Only caveat is the costs go up exponentially in working and producing a product out of Ti.

I think Shane at Blackland realises that a ss AC razor can be made shaving a few grams off by creating a slim head profile
a la the Cobra & RX. And still keep costs relatively manageable and somewhat affordable to the general masses. Let's face it, once the Paradigm SE is available I believe that razor will be available in extremely limited runs if ever available at all (wink, wink 17-4 anyone) once the original batch is gone. And if the shave performance is anything close to what has been posted in a couple of shave forums, this could be potentially the BBS-1 of the AC format world. You know, the supply & demand thing.

So, that's why I'm really looking into this Blackland SE. More affordable, more easily attained and backed by a class act small artisan company that has earned my business and will continue to do so. Not saying that Paradigm Shaveware is not in the same league, I just think of them as being a bit more exclusive and niche (botique?) in a niche filled market.

Either way, good razors coming up ahead...

Last edited:
Top Bottom