What's new

Blackland SE

Well I flipped the blade - it was a lot smoother but it wouldn't cut anything, so I had to flip it back to finish the shave. It was worth a try though.

I'm not surprised! You have to flip a fresh blade from the start. After so many shaves, the blade edge will roll before it dulls. The same happens with str8 razors which is why they are stropped. If you flip it daily, it's less likely to roll in either direction. When a chef uses that pole on a handle, he's not sharpening the knife, you need stones for that, he's setting the edge back straight/keen!

I knew it reminded me of something...

proxy.php

I'm not surprised! You have to flip a fresh blade from the start. After so many shaves, the blade edge will roll before it dulls. The same happens with str8 razors which is why they are stropped. If you flip it daily, it's less likely to roll in either direction. When a chef uses that pole on a handle, he's not sharpening the knife, you need stones for that, he's setting the edge back straight/keen!
Now that's what I call very interesting.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's called a wire edge in knife sharpening.

hqdefault.jpg

I flip after every shave whether I need to or not. Always have, always will.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Excellent info @Esox Thank you

You're welcome.

I honestly have no idea how much a factor shaving can have like that on a razor blade, but I know it happens on knives and straight razors being honed and I would also assume stropped.

Back in business.........

Blackland Vector/Feather Pro Super/ Graydog 26mm Badger/WK King of Bourbon
Thayers Medicated WH Astringent/WK King Of Bourbon splash
Dolce&Gabanna The One edp

EB996C4E-1590-462B-B387-2D7D16EDE67C.jpeg

You just can’t get a bad shave with the Vector. Throw a blade in and get your shave on, plain and simple. No fuss, no muss. But, with the Pro Super this razor is worthy of the shave gods on Mt. Olympus.....

86ECA332-F522-4A22-BAC7-4A88A3FA741E.jpeg

Thanks, Gus. The head design makes a lot of sense to me, but I don’t think anything’s gonna pry this ATT SE1/SE2 combo out of my hands. Fun to look, though . . .

You just can’t get a bad shave with the Vector. Throw a blade in and get your shave on, plain and simple. No fuss, no muss. But, with the Pro Super this razor is worthy of the shave gods on Mt. Olympus.....

This is good to hear, I have the Vector expected delivery tomorrow. I have feather pros and shick prolines, looks like I need to pick up some supers for that shave of the gods :001_302:

I've had a hard time getting a smooth shave from this razor. I've tried Feather Pro and Schick Proline. Results are always flawless - close and irritation free without cuts, but the shave itself is tuggy. No angle seems to work. I've queued up a Feather Super for tomorrow. Let's see how that goes.

I've had a hard time getting a smooth shave from this razor. I've tried Feather Pro and Schick Proline. Results are always flawless - close and irritation free without cuts, but the shave itself is tuggy. No angle seems to work. I've queued up a Feather Super for tomorrow. Let's see how that goes.
I'm interested to see if the blades improve your experience glwtshave

What razors do you normally use?

Feather Super is basically a Feather Pro that increases blade exposure! I don't think it will be smoother.

What razors do you normally use?

Feather Super is basically a Feather Pro that increases blade exposure! I don't think it will be smoother.
I love the Proline in the Paradigm. In the world of DE, GSB and Polsilver are my go to. I have no problem with the exposure of the Karve 'F' or the Blackbird. At this point I'm trying anything to improve the cutting effort. I have Kai and Kai mild on the bench if the super doesn't work out.

I do have a hard time getting blades to fit in the Vector. Some blades require effort to force them on to the posts. I'm beginning to wonder if I got a defective cap?

I love the Proline in the Paradigm. In the world of DE, GSB and Polsilver are my go to. I have no problem with the exposure of the Karve 'F' or the Blackbird. At this point I'm trying anything to improve the cutting effort. I have Kai and Kai mild on the bench if the super doesn't work out.

I do have a hard time getting blades to fit in the Vector. Some blades require effort to force them on to the posts. I'm beginning to wonder if I got a defective cap?

From reviews, the Vector seems to have more blade exposure than the Paradigm. Try working in your lather twice as long to soften your beard more. The blade is cutting closer to the root of the stubble with the Vector, which is more difficult to cut. Or try an extremely light touch. You can also speed up your stroke.

:behead:

Last edited:

I don't have that razor, perhaps someone who does can chime in on that!

Top Bottom