What's new

Blackland SE

Nice set up Gus. I am eagerly awaiting my Vector that I pre-ordered in September when they had a sale. Is that a greydog brush? The vector is a great razor. Hope you are doing well.
Happy shaves
Jason

Yes, it's a Graydog brush. A wonderful lather builder. And congrats on purchasing a Vector. Great shaves are ahead my friend.... :thumbup1:

I had this shaving Olympian quiet far to long. I had been on a spree of shaving with newly acquired DE’s both standard & adjustable (one prototype) that had my head spinning but, leaving me with a s**t eating grin after every shave. Today I wanted to change it up and wanted an SE shave and saw the Vector sitting there stoically just waiting for an opportunity to slice & dice some facial whiskers. It was on and it did not disappoint. Loaded up a fresh Pro Super and this American Samurai sliced and demolished 2 days of growth like a freshly forged Hatori Hanzu Steel (Kill Bill Vol.1) cutting through the Crazy 8’s gang. Magnificent tool that is designed for the utmost in cutting prowess, maneuverability, comfort and near perfect balance. Also, not a bad razor to look at either. LOVE this thing....

View attachment 1041475

Love to see your endorsement, Gus. I also ordered one during the September pre-order. I look forward to using it with a Feather Super Pro!

Love to see your endorsement, Gus. I also ordered one during the September pre-order. I look forward to using it with a Feather Super Pro!

I think you’re going to like it Scott. It’s not a forward type of blade feeling razor like a Blackbird, Ikon Tech or the Asylum RX but, it does give a nice efficient feel that is really comfortable yet efficient. The Pro Supers just turns it up a bit in a real good way without sacrificing much in comfort or smoothness. It’s just brilliantly designed by Shane over at Blackland Razors.....

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I was hoping there would be a good deal on Black Friday for Blackland. No deals at all. I will have to continue waiting. I did, however, get an SE1 finally for half off.

I was hoping there would be a good deal on Black Friday for Blackland. No deals at all. I will have to continue waiting. I did, however, get an SE1 finally for half off.

Well, not to defend Shane over at Blackland but, he did state in one of his newsletters that he wouldn’t be offering any specials this upcoming holidays in respect to those that had gone in on the preorders for the Vector that had paid full retail a few months back. He usually has some pretty good deals and specials throughout the year. Just sign up for the newsletter to be informed on product releases and sales...

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Well, not to defend Shane over at Blackland but, he did state in one of his newsletters that he wouldn’t be offering any specials this upcoming holidays in respect to those that had gone in on the preorders for the Vector that had paid full retail a few months back. He usually has some pretty good deals and specials throughout the year. Just sign up for the newsletter to be informed on product releases and sales...

Good to know. I’ve bought a couple razors full price from Blackland in the past but we have our first baby here that’s 3 months old now so the money just isn’t there anymore. I just had my fingers crossed since I’ve wanted a Vector for a while now.

Good to know. I’ve bought a couple razors full price from Blackland in the past but we have our first baby here that’s 3 months old now so the money just isn’t there anymore. I just had my fingers crossed since I’ve wanted a Vector for a while now.

We'll have a sale or two in the new year to make up for lacking on Black Friday. Like GB said above, with so many customers waiting for their pre-order I didn't think it was right to offer a sale. That would have felt like a slap in the face to those who got a similar discount, but had to wait for a couple months and even more offensive to those who paid full price and are waiting. As much as I want to bring in new business, doing the right thing for current customers is always the priority.

Congratulations on your growing family!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
We'll have a sale or two in the new year to make up for lacking on Black Friday. Like GB said above, with so many customers waiting for their pre-order I didn't think it was right to offer a sale. That would have felt like a slap in the face to those who got a similar discount, but had to wait for a couple months and even more offensive to those who paid full price and are waiting. As much as I want to bring in new business, doing the right thing for current customers is always the priority.

Congratulations on your growing family!

Thanks! And I fully understand your reasoning, I just wasn’t in the loop on the wait. I subscribed to the newsletter so I can keep an eye out.

Just had to get this thread back on again as it has been a bit since I’ve visited this thread. Wonderful shave with the Vector (Polished) & Feather Pro. Super agile, balanced and nicely efficient as it mows through whiskers with ninja like prowess. It has given me excellent results regardless of the blade that I’ve used in my shaves from the Proline, Kai’s, Pro & Super although, with the Super the shave and feel is ramped up nicely getting your shave done quickly and efficiently but, it does NOT transform it into something that is intimidating or fierce feeling at all. No complaints at all with all components in this afternoon’s shave.

The new Polo scent has the old dna from Polo Blue but, with a slightly more modern twist. Blue, aquatic and fresh. Still very Manly. A great day and shaves to all...

A2E0567D-0960-4466-A918-4CBDD8B79248.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Just had to get this thread back on again as it has been a bit since I’ve visited this thread. Wonderful shave with the Vector (Polished) & Feather Pro. Super agile, balanced and nicely efficient as it mows through whiskers with ninja like prowess. It has given me excellent results regardless of the blade that I’ve used in my shaves from the Proline, Kai’s, Pro & Super although, with the Super the shave and feel is ramped up nicely getting your shave done quickly and efficiently but, it does NOT transform it into something that is intimidating or fierce feeling at all. No complaints at all with all components in this afternoon’s shave.

The new Polo scent has the old dna from Polo Blue but, with a slightly more modern twist. Blue, aquatic and fresh. Still very Manly. A great day and shaves to all...

View attachment 1074339
You are an enabler, @GlazedBoker ;)

What the heck, I have the Blackland Blackbird (OC and SB), Dart and Sabre Level 2 (LOVE the Sabre). Might as well hunt down a Vector. ;)

I've only had the Vector for just over 3 weeks now, but I feel as if my shaving world has opened up in so many ways. It led me to recently buying my first injector. DE shaving holds very little interest to me these days. I'm sure I'll get back into that soon, but man, I could roll with just my Vector & type-I2 Hydro-Magic and not feel like I'm missing much.

Back to the top.....

Set up the Vector with the Feather Pro (6 uses on the blade) and it just knocked down stubble with ease. The Feather was not at it’s optimal cutting regime but, it still left me with a near BBS finish on both face & neck. Might have to bin the Feather Pro after this shave. Still, the Vector with a less that optimal blade delivered a smooth, close shave albeit with the slightest of tugging on the ATG pass. This razor is a serious contender for RAD Killer it is that good. The only negative and I say this very lightly is perhaps the blade install/removal. Could be a bit challenging at first but, once you get a few shaves in and get your install steps down, it’s a breeze. Truly, a remarkable razor.....

B982F3C4-1BEE-4999-80BD-83BC0270D9B7.jpeg

An update from Shane over at Blackland via the subscriber list info. My thing is the Vector Ti in the works. That just might be the hot ticket for 2021.....

February 2021 Mega-Update
Hi Blackland Fans!

I hope your 2021 is off to a great start. It's been a while since we've had an update so I wanted to take a minute to catch you up with what's going on at Blackland and where we're headed.
As most of you have undoubtedly noticed, many of our most popular razors are currently sold out. When we manufacture our razors we produce enough units to meet anticipated demand for about a year. Over the last several months sales have markedly increased beyond that anticipated demand so we’re working to scale up production to ensure that supply can outpace demand. In the coming weeks all of our products will be restocked and we’ll continue producing until we’re able to maintain inventory on a consistent and permanent basis. I appreciate your patience with these frustrating delays. These growing pains are good problems to have, but they are problems nonetheless and we are working hard to resolve them. Below you’ll find updates on our razors.

There's a lot more going on than just restocking. We have plenty to talk about so let's get to it!

-Shane
Product Restock Information
Blackbird Stainless Steel

These just sold out a week or two ago and machining is underway. We should have machined finish Blackbirds available in late February or early March at the latest.
Blackbird Titanium

We ran into an unexpected production issue midway through the production cycle which caused these to sell out prematurely. The Blackbird Ti will be returning in the machined finish in late February or early March. A number of these will be polished and that finish will be available a few weeks after the machining has been completed.
Polished Finish (All Razor Models)

Polished has long been a finish that we’ve struggled to stock permanently, but I believe we’re on the right path and working through that bottleneck now. Some polished stainless steel Blackbirds and Vectors are being polished now and they should be stocked this month. It’s pretty likely that these will sell out quickly and we have another batch of razors set to be polished right behind it. We’ll continue this process of constant polishing until everything is restocked and readily available. This will certainly take quite a bit of time so I ask that you be patient if you aren’t able to get a polished razor initially. There will be plenty more produced and eventually we should be able to avoid selling out altogether with any luck.
Tradere

The primary cause of the Tradere selling out are those previously mentioned polishing issues. The Tradere is the only Blackland model that solely comes in a polished finish so it is particularly vulnerable to supply bottlenecks with that finish. Now that polishing is scaling up we’ll have Traderes ready in the coming weeks, likely in March or April. Just as with the other polished razors, these may sell out quickly, but we'll more right behind.
More Blackland News!
International Shipping

United Kingdom
Due to Brexit and changes in VAT structure, we are not currently shipping to the UK. This is being worked on and I expect to return to shipping to our UK customers shortly. In the meantime, we are ramping up UK wholesale and Blackland razors are now carried by Shaving Station and Slick Boys UK.

DHL Express Worldwide

DHL Express Worldwide is now a available for international customers to select during checkout. DHL Express Worldwide offers lightning quick shipping of just 1-5 days, depending on the destination. Pricing starts at $25 and will be calculated during checkout to the destination country.
Vector Titanium

That's right! Vector Ti is being machined now and will become available in the coming months. Continue following along for additional information including release date, technical specs, and pricing.
March

March is shaping up to be a very interesting and important month for Blackland. For months now I've been teasing about some behind-the-scenes work that is finally coming to fruition. A lot will be changing for Blackland and it's looking like March is going to be the month that much of it will take place. Keep an eye out for a lot of new things from Blackland in the coming weeks. I'm not one for hype, but it's shaping up to be a BIG month.

I haven’t shaved with a Vector in who knows how long. I’ve had them both in the as is finish & the polished version as well. I moved them on both in a couple of trades and to be quite honest, I regrettably feared that it was a bad move on my part. Not that the items I procured were of lesser value or weren’t capable shavers because there were and are capable shavers. But, the Vector is different and I just simply missed having one in my shave den. Well, I found one on the b/s/t a couple months back and have finally come around to strapping it up for a shave. Schick Proline in and just as how I exactly remembered this whisker removing samurai performed that time ago. Every bit as smooth & efficient of an operator that gives top tier results. Nimble, intuitive, precise and just so easy to use that a neophyte can get along with this razor in a few shaves. It’s incredibly good with Blackland quality to back it up.

It’s good to have an old friend back in the line up. On a side note, this Ethos Grooming Vetivert is an incredibly good product. This is strictly for Vetiver lovers in the range of Guerlain, Tom Ford & Murdoch that want that classy edge in masculinity while still offering an effervescence in the scent especially with the eau de parfum that brings a modern touch to the overall scent profile. A must try for Vetiver fans. Great shaves to all….

5408BDA9-BE5D-449C-B5A8-3424B7F9A764.jpeg

Consecutive shave no.#2 with the Vector on this breezy & chilly Sunday morning. Kept the same Proline blade from yesterday and gave myself a great BBS finish in 2 passes going ATG & XTG. The Vector showers why it’s so good regardless on how one decides to attack the whiskers. More than enough cutting ability with an equal amount of smoothness and ease of feel on skin. It’s a marvel of shaving creation in that the head and overall footprint is just barely larger than the blade itself it holds. And still provides enough contact area and holding power for the AC blade to accomplish its goal of removing whiskers diligently. Granted, the AC blade offers a thicker and more rigid blade to work with but, you still need enough real estate to keep that blade stable and the Vector accomplished that while simultaneously giving the razor a modern and contemporary look that at its release was ahead of its time. There are a couple now out there that have a very similar resemblance to the OG but, they still pay homage to the one that started it all. I can’t tell you how those others fair or compare to the Vector as I haven’t tried any of them nor do I have the desire to do so. I do have the Claymore EVO that shaves exceptionally well but, it’s still different from the Vector and it still sports a considerable weight disadvantage to the Vector for those that prefer a lightweight whisker removing assassin. The balance of the Vector is done to near perfection with the small head profile and its light weight. Blackland managed to make it comfortable in hand and keep it very effective at every stage of one’s shave. Simple yet, effective and that’s the brilliance in its design, construction and execution.

It’s a phenomenal tool that is easy to learn and master. It sports a look that is cool today and will look cool 25 years from now. It’s a modern classic that still holds the banner for future shaving implements. Everything else that molds itself after the Vector is because of the Vector. How you like them apples?

Great shaves to all…..

2657171B-E609-4D9C-B89E-FE6411AD7512.jpeg

Blackland Vector Ti is truly ingenious in its design. There really is nothing like it - I'm not going to comment on recent designs that are modeled closely after the Vector. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to master it yet after two months. I have to be extra careful every time I shave with it and even when I am extra careful, there's still too much blade feel for my liking. It's possible that my skin is too sensitive for the Vector blade exposure. There's considerably more blade feel in Vector relative to Razorock Hawk v3 (standard or A base plate), Claymore Evolution SE Polished, or La Faulx. I intend to keep the Vector because I admire the design so much. Will work on my technique.