What's new

Blackland SE

Good choice and good luck. I believe you can’t go wrong with the Vector. Excellent compromise in feeling smooth yet efficient. I think Shane at Blackland got the feel for the shave on the Vector spot on. It’s a great razor, period.

Let us know how it goes for you......[emoji106]
Plus one on this assessment

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wow, Wow, WOW!

First, I've had an insanely frustrating weekend as my new Vector arrived Friday, but I couldn't use it as my sample pack of AC blades only arrived today. Quite literally, with 3 days growth I've been 'itching' to use it!!

I'm not going to go on about this here, as you probably have all used it, but 2 passes (WTG & ATG) and a couple of touch ups and I got a BBS. Easily the best shave I have ever had. the closest and the smoothest, period. I was scared to use the razor and the AC blades as my only other experience with an SE was a Mongoose, and it cut my face up. For this reason I chose the Feather Pro Guard to test out the Vector - NO cuts AT ALL!!!!! I will try all the other blades also.

Before I bought the Blackland, I was on the fence about choosing it over the Paradigm. I still want to try that razor, and it looks so cool, but really, how much smoother is it really, and I can't possibly see the shave being any better for my face.

Wow, Wow, WOW!

First, I've had an insanely frustrating weekend as my new Vector arrived Friday, but I couldn't use it as my sample pack of AC blades only arrived today. Quite literally, with 3 days growth I've been 'itching' to use it!!

I'm not going to go on about this here, as you probably have all used it, but 2 passes (WTG & ATG) and a couple of touch ups and I got a BBS. Easily the best shave I have ever had. the closest and the smoothest, period. I was scared to use the razor and the AC blades as my only other experience with an SE was a Mongoose, and it cut my face up. For this reason I chose the Feather Pro Guard to test out the Vector - NO cuts AT ALL!!!!! I will try all the other blades also.

Before I bought the Blackland, I was on the fence about choosing it over the Paradigm. I still want to try that razor, and it looks so cool, but really, how much smoother is it really, and I can't possibly see the shave being any better for my face.

Great news! Thanks for following up and sharing your thoughts. I hope your next shaves continue to be equally close and comfortable!

After my first (wonderful) shave with my new Vector, I couldn't wait for my second shave tonight. What could go wrong? Well I'm certain this is not the razors fault, but I can tell you I will never use the Feather Pro Guard blades again. My beard was short after two days growth after my previous BBS using the same blade, but THIS time...…. It quite literally did not cut my beard, but just yanked and pulled out my facial hair, making for a very painful shave.

I was shocked, and hugely disappointed. I stopped at 2 passes as the pain was just unbearable, the blade was blunt and I literally could have gone 7 passes and not got a smooth finish let alone a BBS. I should have changed blade. But I wanted 2 complete shaves, and will do the same with the other AC blades (Ill try the Schick Pro Line next) so I can make a fair comparison.

I get super smooth shaves from my GEM PTFE's (7-8 shaves) and the same with decent DE blades, at the price the AC blades are, I need better and after I've worked my way through my blade sampler and feel the same as I do now, Ill be trading in my Vector for the Sabre.

I know, I know, don't make snap decisions and all, but I was really disappointed with my shave from that blade.

How long do other AC blades last, how many smooth shaves should I expect?

Just a wonderful shave with the polished Vector. Extremely easy and a pure joy to use. Is it more effective than the machined version of the Vector? I really can’t say to be honest. I don’t remember feeling any drag or the razor being less smooth than the polished version. I would probably have to wait and do a side by side with both Vectors and see if there is a difference in face feel and shave quality. But, does it really matter? Not in the least I would think. Good prep and a good lather will help any razor glide smoothly across ones face. In the end, only a head to head face off will give a definite answer.

In the meantime, I can make do with the polished Vector any day of the week. Twice on Sunday if I could....

EDF7A30A-6B38-4606-BD48-DEE04A6BE97B.jpeg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Just a wonderful shave with the polished Vector. Extremely easy and a pure joy to use. Is it more effective than the machined version of the Vector? I really can’t say to be honest. I don’t remember feeling any drag or the razor being less smooth than the polished version. I would probably have to wait and do a side by side with both Vectors and see if there is a difference in face feel and shave quality. But, does it really matter? Not in the least I would think. Good prep and a good lather will help any razor glide smoothly across ones face. In the end, only a head to head face off will give a definite answer.

In the meantime, I can make do with the polished Vector any day of the week. Twice on Sunday if I could....

View attachment 977003
That Razor is just So darn pretty:)

Damned well better not shave better than the machined version because I am NOT buying another razor.

After my first (wonderful) shave with my new Vector, I couldn't wait for my second shave tonight. What could go wrong? Well I'm certain this is not the razors fault, but I can tell you I will never use the Feather Pro Guard blades again. My beard was short after two days growth after my previous BBS using the same blade, but THIS time...…. It quite literally did not cut my beard, but just yanked and pulled out my facial hair, making for a very painful shave.

I was shocked, and hugely disappointed. I stopped at 2 passes as the pain was just unbearable, the blade was blunt and I literally could have gone 7 passes and not got a smooth finish let alone a BBS. I should have changed blade. But I wanted 2 complete shaves, and will do the same with the other AC blades (Ill try the Schick Pro Line next) so I can make a fair comparison.

I have used the feather pro, super, and guard, several of the Kai versions, and the prolines with a variety of SE and shavettes. The guard is the only one that doesn’t work for me, particularly on SEs. The guards were crucial helping me learn to use the feather AC SS shavette. But after I got hand of it, I switched. I probably have 5 guards left with no intention to use.

Bottom line is that most of the other high quality AC style blades will likely work for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like SE razors, but my Asylum RX is a bit harsh for everyday use. I like it, but it's a demanding razor. This one seems to be a good deal easier to use, so I may get one and give it a try.

I like SE razors, but my Asylum RX is a bit harsh for everyday use. I like it, but it's a demanding razor. This one seems to be a good deal easier to use, so I may get one and give it a try.
I could never tame my RX so I sold it and bought a Vector. The best choice I have made in a long time.

The Vector is up from the rotation this week, and maybe next week as well. What a fun razor to use. It's like driving a little sports car around your face.

A friend let me borrow his Vector and I love it, so much so I will be getting one of my own soon. While I had it I put my titanium aristocrat handle on it and it was awesome.
20190620_233015.jpg
20190620_233031.jpg

If is truly a wonderful razor that yields great results in just 2 passes. It rivals my Timeless Ti95.
Happy shaves
SMURF

A friend let me borrow his Vector and I love it, so much so I will be getting one of my own soon. While I had it I put my titanium aristocrat handle on it and it was awesome.
View attachment 996692 View attachment 996693
If is truly a wonderful razor that yields great results in just 2 passes. It rivals my Timeless Ti95.
Happy shaves
SMURF
I hadn't thought of trying different handles. That looks kind of cool. How would you compare its use with the stock handle?

@Cino the handles by themselves are pretty close in weight to me. I don't have scales to weigh them. The aristocrat is shorter and bigger around. Both balanced very well but I do tend to prefer shorter handles so I think I like the aristocrat just a touch better.
Happy shaves
SMURF

View attachment 996692 View attachment 996693
Happy shaves
SMURF

I’m generally not a fan of aftermarket handles, but I must say that works pretty well! A polished head would fit nicely.

I had this shaving Olympian quiet far to long. I had been on a spree of shaving with newly acquired DE’s both standard & adjustable (one prototype) that had my head spinning but, leaving me with a s**t eating grin after every shave. Today I wanted to change it up and wanted an SE shave and saw the Vector sitting there stoically just waiting for an opportunity to slice & dice some facial whiskers. It was on and it did not disappoint. Loaded up a fresh Pro Super and this American Samurai sliced and demolished 2 days of growth like a freshly forged Hatori Hanzu Steel (Kill Bill Vol.1) cutting through the Crazy 8’s gang. Magnificent tool that is designed for the utmost in cutting prowess, maneuverability, comfort and near perfect balance. Also, not a bad razor to look at either. LOVE this thing....

ED545DC0-D76C-442C-B5D3-15686BFD41BC.jpeg

I had this shaving Olympian quiet far to long. I had been on a spree of shaving with newly acquired DE’s both standard & adjustable (one prototype) that had my head spinning but, leaving me with a s**t eating grin after every shave. Today I wanted to change it up and wanted an SE shave and saw the Vector sitting there stoically just waiting for an opportunity to slice & dice some facial whiskers. It was on and it did not disappoint. Loaded up a fresh Pro Super and this American Samurai sliced and demolished 2 days of growth like a freshly forged Hatori Hanzu Steel (Kill Bill Vol.1) cutting through the Crazy 8’s gang. Magnificent tool that is designed for the utmost in cutting prowess, maneuverability, comfort and near perfect balance. Also, not a bad razor to look at either. LOVE this thing....

View attachment 1041475

Nice set up Gus. I am eagerly awaiting my Vector that I pre-ordered in September when they had a sale. Is that a greydog brush? The vector is a great razor. Hope you are doing well.
Happy shaves
Jason

Top Bottom