What's new

Black Currant scents?

Gentlemen, I was really disappointed that I am allergic to Silver Mountain Water because I absolutely love the black currant scent. Are there any other fragrances out there that have similar black currant scents?

Trumper's Eucris is supposed to have a prominent blackcurrant top, but I don't get that when I smell it.

I just got Eurcris and am still getting to know it. It's a little lighter on me than I would like.

That I can tell, that black current note in it is pretty fleeting. It's much more of a moss scent (dark and green).

SMW, the note is very prominent, but it's a less masculine scent. NOT girly, but it leans way more unisex and is better as a fresh, warm weather scent imo. I don't picture myself wearing it with a suit. Too bad you can't wear it.

The Basenotes directory will let you isolate and search for a male scent with a black currant note.

I have a sample of Dyptique L'Ombre dans L'Eau and like it alot.

The description includes black currants and Bulgarian Rose.

PS: Dyptique can be nice about samples, especially with a well-informed inquiry.

I sampled 'I Am King' yesterday and I was not impressed at all. All I got was some faint berries and lots of grapefruit. I am going to try and find some Tom Ford tomorrow and see if there is anything to be had there.

Remember chaps, the black currant in Eucris is not from the fruit of the plant but rather the oil of the leaves. Eucris is one of my very favourites. I am unsure of other scents using black currant. Eucris is the only one I have tried.

Regards, Todd

Remember chaps, the black currant in Eucris is not from the fruit of the plant but rather the oil of the leaves. Eucris is one of my very favourites. I am unsure of other scents using black currant. Eucris is the only one I have tried.

I recently got Eucris and don't detect much of the black currant note myself, could be a dense nose here. But I know it's more or less a top note and then it turns into a very mossy thing.

I think OP is looking for more of a lingering currant note.

I am indeed looking for something with a bit of a lasting black currant note. Thanks y'all!! Life would be easier if I just wasn't allergic to SMW. :thumbdown

I am indeed looking for something with a bit of a lasting black currant note. Thanks y'all!! Life would be easier if I just wasn't allergic to SMW. :thumbdown

Yeah, that sucks for you. It's probably number one for that note.

I did some poking around in Basenotes directory and don't see much that has an extended use of black currant. Used in a lot of top notes.

Since Sean Jean's Unforgivable was a rip off of Millesime Imperiale, I now have a guess that I Am King is his attempt at a rip off of SMW. But you tried it and hated it. FYI, I Am King is horribly reviewed and trashed at Basenotes too.

Top Bottom