What's new

BigD's Arko Shave Stick Review

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
LOL. True. We're talking about a whole quarter at the time of purchase. $1.25 for the Arko Stick and $1.00 for the Derby Shave Stick.

Outrageous. 25% more! LOL

I've used both and I think I like Derby just a bit better, but they are very close in a lot of ways.

LOL. True. We're talking about a whole quarter at the time of purchase. $1.25 for the Arko Stick and $1.00 for the Derby Shave Stick.

@Chandu
Pretty sure I like both as well.
Got a great deal on the Arko Tubs from a Turkish importer in the US and a great deal on the Derby Tubs from an online vendor in Istanbul.

Hey BigD,

25¢ what a rip off lol :(
I got my moth ball sticks here.
https://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving...keywords=Arko&qid=1560958902&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Where did you get those tubs from??? They look awesome.

Yeah. I'm officially on the road now. I just finished a simple two pass shave with it right now. Good shave, but I miss my home set up so to speak.

Same here I'll always prefer a stocked larder lol.
My travel kit:
IMG_20190611_180539.jpg IMG_20190611_180740.jpg

My preferred setup.
IMG_20190611_180441.jpg

Arko is a great shave soap regardless of price. I grate the soap and bowl lather. For travel, I use a Tabac stick. My rotation consists of only classic soaps:

Haslinger Schafmilch
Mitchels Wool Fat
Tabac
Arko

A man after my own heart lol.

Simple is GOOD. Simple and cheap BETTER lol!

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Same here I'll always prefer a stocked larder lol.
My travel kit:
View attachment 992255 View attachment 992256

My preferred setup.
View attachment 992258

A man after my own heart lol.

Simple is GOOD. Simple and cheap BETTER lol!
Now I’m getting stuck on Palmolive cream. Seems to treat my face better than soap but I’ll always use good ole Arko. My skin seems to have become more sensitive for some reason. Palmolive seems to be hyperslick and is mildly scented. I was sadly unable to use Bigelow and sent several soaps to @Twelvefret to try out so nothing went to waste. To paraphrase Humphrey Bogart “We’ll always have Arko”.

Top Bottom