What's new

I Used Arko For The First Time

Alright, I used the Arko shave stick for the first time. Love it. With my vision, I do not use a mirror. The shave stick made it all feel. Lather on face all by feel and sound. I prefer that compared to using a bowl. Very light scent and I got a nice lather using the Razorock Bruce. I am very pleased with Arko.

I don't particularly like the Arko scent, but it's mild IMO. I was expecting something much more pungent from all the urinal soap comments. It does leave a greasy film on your skin as some have commented.

It is still a good shaving soap. I'm trying to mitigate the greasy film characteristic by combining it in a Frankensoap recipe.

I don't particularly like the Arko scent, but it's mild IMO. I was expecting something much more pungent from all the urinal soap comments. It does leave a greasy film on your skin as some have commented.

It is still a good shaving soap. I'm trying to mitigate the greasy film characteristic by combining it in a Frankensoap recipe.
My go to frankensoap is Arko/VDH Luxury/Dove Men Care 3 in 1 Extra Fresh.

My go to frankensoap is Arko/VDH Luxury/Dove Men Care 3 in 1 Extra Fresh.
Good combo. I use all three in my custom blends that also include some Williams, Proraso and Ivory. Grate the tallow based soaps and Dove. Melt the VDH then mix and knead forming into pucks when done. VDH makes a great binder for all the custom soap ingredients.

Top Bottom