What's new

BIC Sensitive SE Disposable on vacation...

I was away on vacation last week. Unfortunately I forgot to put a razor into my Dopp kit[emoji849][emoji33][emoji15]! Oh well, no worries - went to a local CVS ( can't believe they are EVERYWHERE these days... ) and bought a pack of BIC Sensitive disposables. Well, they certainly are mild, but holy cow did I have to work at a dfs! 3-4 passes and modest buffing only resulted in a CCS... a dfs- required lots of buffing. In a nutshell - YUCK. First post shave irritation in a long time. So I gave up on dfs for the week.

Arriving back home, put a Feather Proguard in my Mongoose - what a difference! 2 pass and minimum buffing and I am smooth and close, can tell the shave will last thru the day...

Sure is good to be back home!

SWMBA had them a while back and I didn't get on with them either. The Bic Metals are much better but I've not seen them in the wild for some time.

The Bic Metals are much better but I've not seen them in the wild for some time.
+1 For the Bic Metal.
I likely would have just grown a beard. If I had to shave, I would have looked around for a VDH razor. Those things seem to be available at many stores. I buy my Bic Metal razors on-line as backups or for carry-on only trips.

SWMBA had them a while back and I didn't get on with them either. The Bic Metals are much better but I've not seen them in the wild for some time.
Thanks - will check them out...

+1 For the Bic Metal.
I likely would have just grown a beard. If I had to shave, I would have looked around for a VDH razor. Those things seem to be available at many stores. I buy my Bic Metal razors on-line as backups or for carry-on only trips.

Hah! Wish I remembered that the VDH and Chinese clone DEs are usually available... next time! Thanks!

I actually skipped a day all week - which I haven't ever done!!! Was in HI - at my age I can't pull off that vintage George Michaels look:lol:!

Top Bottom