What's new

Bic Metal Disposable

Picked up a pack of 5 Bic Metal Bar at TJ MAxx recently for $3, so they are still around. I've used the Bic plastic and metal over the years for quick overnight trips when I don't carry any real kit, and also put some in the guestroom bath for guests. I like the metal bar ones a little better; glad you got a great shave from one.

These had a big following here on the forums back in the day. The orange plastic ones took over the single blade market and for a while the Metals were hard to find.
Have you tried the Gillette Guard? That is the best of them all, imo
No I’ve never used the Gillette Guard but I’ve read a lot of good things about them. They’re popular in India I believe.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
The Bic metal is the best disposable I have ever used. I like the fact it is single bladed, fixed head, and very sharp, as I suspect this forces me to maintain good DE shaving technique when I use it. That way bad habits do not creep in.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thought I would try one day, but DE/SE/Barber Razor released more of the happy chemicals before that day hit.

The Bic Twin Select II Sensitive Skin razor is pretty good, though.

I got a 12 pack of these at the local supermarket for $3. Haven’t shaved with one yet, but it looks promising as it appears very sharp and not prone to clogging like most carts, very DE-like!

Picked up a pack of 5 Bic Metal Bar at TJ MAxx recently for $3, so they are still around. I've used the Bic plastic and metal over the years for quick overnight trips when I don't carry any real kit, and also put some in the guestroom bath for guests. I like the metal bar ones a little better; glad you got a great shave from one.
Funny, I got a pack from TJ Maxx a couple of months ago but still havent tried it. They had several, all with different prices on the tags! I think I paid $4.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
The Bic Metal is the best disposable I have found. Easy, no muss no fuss and a decent shave. Good for travelling when you don't want to bring the whole kit.

Finally got around to trying one of these when I ran into another bad Voskhod in my 56 Tech. Used it for second pass and touch-ups only.

Wow, what a nice little razor! It’s very intuitive to use and very efficient without feeling aggressive or dangerous at all. I’m going to do a full shave with it next time to be certain, but if the whole next shave is as good as the last half shave I may just stick to using these alone!

I use these for travel when I don’t check a bag. Excellent single blade disposable. I bought a box of 30 on Amazon for about $12US a couple of years ago. Should last me for years.

Top Bottom