What's new

Best soap scent ever.

Well Scott, we can agree on the YRP. Truly a spectacular scent. Regretfully, I confess I have not tried your other choices. We have at least one other co-conspirator in this thread:

And I have to put in a good word for another favorite Noble Otter soap Thé Noir et Vanille. In this I am joined by another individual with impeccable taste:

Nice to hear from you, Glenn. If I didn’t consider Lisa’s Florida Freeze a cream, and not a soap, it would also be on the list! I’ve been giving it a rest this winter, but it’s going with me to Hawaii next month...

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of Vetiver junkies here. So, I'll throw in for it. Cyril R Salter French Vetiver and Martin de Candre Vetyver Limited Edition are both excellent full strength Vetiver scents. They are unparallel in the world of Vetiver.
I like Vetyver, it's probably my favorite. My first exposure was an MdC sample I've had. I bought some other soaps that proclaimed to be Vetiver, but the MdC was my favorite. I don't know if the MdC is true to life or not, I just know I like it better than the others. Another soap I like the scent of is Hitton Donkey Milk which lists cedar, vetiver and lavender as the scent. To me it's similar to the MdC.

After trying many different soaps with many different scents I would have to say Mitchel's Wool Fat has the most pleasant and enduring scent on the market. Scent is such a personal thing...YMMV.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
rustic_shaving_soap_blackbeard_900x.JPG

I don't know if there can be a best scent, but if I was told that I had to pick one soap to use for the rest of my life, and that it would be a very short life if I used something other than that one soap, it would be Seville by Barrister & Mann.

PDP 63 is one great scent, but lacks performance. I usually stick with Tabac.

Very interested in that scent, but the soap doesn't have consistent reviews.
Also is palm based, and normally I don't like the performance of those kinds of shaving soaps.
The good news is that there is a shaving cream with interesting ingredients, but nobody seems to talk about it, so there's no feedback.

Top Bottom