What's new

Best Modern High End DE Razor?

I now realize you meant Timeless Razor.

Do you know where the Razorock ones are manufactured?
proxy.php

My 'favorite' (who am I to say it is the best) high end razor is my wonderful dual comb Charcoal Goods - machined brass - on a beautifully balanced hammered handle. Looks great in the turbine razor stand too!

I now realize you meant Timeless Razor.

Do you know where the Razorock ones are manufactured?

No worries. I wasn't clear.

My 'favorite' (who am I to say it is the best) high end razor is my wonderful dual comb Charcoal Goods - machined brass - on a beautifully balanced hammered handle. Looks great in the turbine razor stand too!

I agree. They are works of art.

In addition to Charcoal Goods and Timeless Razors, maybe Karve Razors should be added to the list.

I feel like I'm forgetting one. Who makes the Rex? Bullgoose, Paradigm and Janus Razors too?

I am very happy with my new Timeless SS OC 68. I am so impressed with it, in fact, that I just ordered a Ti SB 95 to add to my collection as well. The razors are fantastic and the customer service is top-notch.

Come join the fun, lots of new artisans, Rabbit hole is pretty deep
At $400+ per razor, it doesn’t sound like much fun to me. Blackland, Timeless and Karve don’t seem too bad but when I checked out Wolfman and Paradigm prices I thought the shaving world had gone mad.

@eaglesgift RazorRock has a very nice SS at $50, I think there is a lot more variety now and you dont need to go that high if you dont want too.
Thank you. I was tempted by the GC with barber pole handle at $54.99 but $24.99 shipping to Thailand makes it far less attractive unfortunately. It's a little on the high side for standard first class air mail.

I could see myself paying $150 for a razor that I really liked the look of but when I see prices of $425, as an example, I just can't see the value. I'm not doubting the craftsmanship, the fit and finish or the quality of the materials used, it's just difficult for me to justify spending that much on what is essentially a holder for a DE razor blade. Maybe I am part-Scottish or something...

I have had two shaves with my Ti 95 now and I am very impressed. It is very smooth and efficient and gives long lasting bbs shaves. I am happy to own this razor. I look forward to comparing it to the Ti II, wow that will be fun. Hope all is well with you.
Happy shaves
Jason

Jared
I got the Ti II yesterday and thanks again for letting me try it out. It is a very cool looking razor, especially the handle. This morning I had my first shave with it, I had two days growth. I loaded a polsilver(3) used WK pompelmo and my lowborn timberwolf brush. I did a 2 1/2 pass wtg, xtg and atg on cheeks. Rite off the bat I realized this is one smooth operator very nimble and well balanced. To me it seems a little on the mild side, it required some extra clean up. I ended up with a nice shave. I did have some bumps on my neck but they are mostly gone now. To me there's not much blade feel. Probably on my next shave I will be doing a side by side comparison with my Timeless Ti 95. I did enjoy my shave this morning.
Happy shaves
Jason

I don't know if others would consider RazoRock Baby Smooth Ti "high end" but at $125 its the most expensive razor in my collection and its one of my favorite & top performer. Excellent balance and feels good in the hand, easy to find the sweet spot, beautiful construction.

Not sure but I have many of the razors talked about on this thread but my daily is the RR Game Changer. If I would choose which one I woulnd't let go off in my collection, it's still going to be the BBS-1.

This morning I did a side by side comparison of the Paradigm Ti II and the Timeless Ti 95 sb. I used the Ti II on my right cheek and left neck and the Ti 95 on my right neck and left cheek. Tools used.

2 new Kai blades
Mike's lemongrass and eucalyptus
TurnNshave fan tuxedo
Lucky Tiger
Stirling lemon
Captain's Choice lime

1st pass wtg went very smooth with both. I had two days growth and neither had any problems with it. I rinsed and did a face feel and could not tell any difference.

2nd pass I lathered back up and started my atg on my right neck with is where I have a cow lick did a great job there. The rest of the pass wasn't smooth sailing I rinsed and did a face feel and I could definitely tell a winner immediately. Not tremendous but I could tell the Ti 95 had shaved me closer. So the win goes to the Timeless Ti 95. I think the biggest factor in this is the Ti 95 is more ridged and for me my face and my beard that makes a big difference. This was a fun shave off and thanks again to Jared for making it possible. As always YMMV.
Happy shaves
Jason

Awesome to hear! Great write up @smurfups77

Has anyone tried the Timeless SS cap with a Ti base plate? I saw that the bases are interchangeable, and I'm wondering if I could get a similar shave experience with just ordering a Ti base...

Thanks,
Jonathan

Awesome to hear! Great write up @smurfups77

Has anyone tried the Timeless SS cap with a Ti base plate? I saw that the bases are interchangeable, and I'm wondering if I could get a similar shave experience with just ordering a Ti base...

Thanks,
Jonathan

I am pretty sure I remember reading on here someone doing that. It will just be a tad heavier but you will get that soft face feel or that is the only way I can describe it.
Happy shaves
SMURF

I am pretty sure I remember reading on here someone doing that. It will just be a tad heavier but you will get that soft face feel or that is the only way I can describe it.
Happy shaves
SMURF
Thanks for the feedback! I saw the weight difference between the SS cap and Ti Cap is only 6 grams, but changing the base plate saves 25 grams. I'm already planning on pairing the SS Timeless with a Ti handle...

Top Bottom