What's new

Best combination with cartridge razors: Shaving cream\ Shaving gel\Shaving Soap\Shaving Foam

Best combination with cartridge

• Shaving cream

• Shaving gel

• Shaving Soap

• Shaving Foam (in cans)

Results are only viewable after voting.
What works best with cartridge razors for closer shave, Comfort, no cuts:
Shaving cream , or Shaving gel ,or Shaving Soap ,or Shaving Foam (in cans)

I've heard good things about Cremo shaving cream but haven't tried it yet. I've personally had good results with Hempz shave gel (it's not canned gel, it's in a squeeze bottle) and alba botanica cream shave.

Most anything works reasonably well with carts, but I find that traditional soaps and cremes used with a brush do the best for me these days.

When I switched to DE, I was still using Harry's carts to shave my head. I did switch from canned foam/gel to soap/cream and a brush, and my shaves improved tremendously.

So, not sure which choice to pick from the poll, since my opinion is that shaving soap OR cream, with a brush, is a very noticable improvement over anything in a can.

For me i find no serious difference between soaps, gels, foams, creams as a whole, very weird.
But good prep (hot shower, pre shave cream or oil) mostly is more important for me. Either for cartridge shaving or DE shaving. Some creams, gels, foams are slicker then others though, i prefer the slickest ones that also have good residual slickness.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I voted for Shaving Cream but they all give me great shaves with a cartridge razor. I still prep as if I am using a DE razor and even when using canned products I still apply the cream/foam with a brush.

I have been using Cremo for quite a while now. I get a more nick free experience with that than with Edge Sensitive Skin Shave Gel, which is what I used almost exclusively before. I've just started trying DSC shave butter, but doesn't really seem any different than Cremo. I see all the comments for Barbasol. I've never tried that, I'll have to. 👍👍👍

I have been using Cremo for quite a while now. I get a more nick free experience with that than with Edge Sensitive Skin Shave Gel, which is what I used almost exclusively before. I've just started trying DSC shave butter, but doesn't really seem any different than Cremo. I see all the comments for Barbasol. I've never tried that, I'll have to. 👍👍👍
do you get a closer shaves with shaving creams with brush, or with shaving gels?

Top Bottom