What's new

Best Bourbons Under $50

Tried it, but it was not a love connection. Reasonable price, tho.

There’s the bottom shelf rebel yell and then there’s the Rebel Yell 10 year. The 10 is distilled and aged by MGP in Indiana and sold to rebel yell. Sourced whiskey is becoming much more common especially with new startups springing up everywhere. MGP is regarded as one of the best sourced whiskey products.

In short, try the 10 year and see if you like it any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weller Antique 107 is nice. Very hard to get now. My only hope is through the ABC vault. Same with Weller 12, Van Winkle Special Reserve, George T. Stagg, all of the Pappys......

Digging this one up for those that haven't posted on this and those that have. But there tastes may have changed or found something new to add here.

I just gotten into the Bourbons earlier this year.

I haven't tried a bunch but a few that have been mentioned.

I like Buffalo Trace a lot. But for just under $50 I really like 4 roses small batch.

My Favorite for under 50 is definitely Eagle Rare. It is $30 locally but not always in stock. I like it more than most bourbons, but there are quite a few even cheaper that are also wonderful.

“Under $50“ is getting to be more of a challenge…unless you stay with MSRP. Weller Special Reserve is still hard to beat. Check out Redemption, they have a few varieties to choose from, but the flavor spectrum on Bourbons in general are pretty diverse.

“Under $50“ is getting to be more of a challenge…unless you stay with MSRP. Weller Special Reserve is still hard to beat. Check out Redemption, they have a few varieties to choose from, but the flavor spectrum on Bourbons in general are pretty diverse.
I was scrolling latest posts and saw Calvin and Hobbes! Nice to see you Rev!

My under $50 favorites: Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare (if you can find it), Rare Breed, Knob Creek Single Barrel (may be creeping up over $50 some places), WT 101

One of the tough things with a price limit is variation through different regions. However, it's always fun. Here are my unsolicited opinions. :D

• Basil Hayden - Good starter bourbon, but ultimately feels overpriced.
  • Buffalo Trace - Good, terrible allocation rules
  • Bulleit - I really enjoy the Rye, haven't actually had the bourbon
  • Eagle Rare - Was really good several years ago when you could get it easily. Now it's a unicorn
  • Elijah Craig - I haven't had this since the 10 year age statement was removed. It's on my list to try again
  • Evan Williams - Black label? I'd probably pass. White label? Yes
  • Evan Williams Single Barrel - These are good, and I should probably purchase more of them
  • Four Roses Single Barrel - Typically my favorite. Yes, please!
  • Henry McKenna Single Barrel - Is this really under $50? I don't think I've ever seen one...
  • Lost Republic - Never heard of it
  • Medley Brothers - Never heard of it
  • Old Forester - 86? 100? Statesman? Which one?! I really like the 1920, and 1910 is ok as well. Usually those are right at $50 for me when they go on sale
  • Old Grand Dad - Which one?! The BiB is on my list to try. Same mash as BH, higher proof. 114 is on the list also
  • Rowan's Creek - Never had it
  • Russel's Reserve 10 Year - On my list
  • Wild Turkey - 101, yes please. I'll take 2 for under $50.
  • Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit - Haven't had this one.
So many good bottles out there, and many easily available and affordable. I'm sure several can add to this list (and have been), and it will only grow. Now I want a pour...but it's not even 9:30 in the morning and I'm at work. Perhaps this evening....

As was said a few posts above, with the prices going up, some whiskies have been pushed out of this category. But there are still plenty good ones out there. A few of mine are: Elijah Craig Small Batch, the Rye is good too if you like Rye. Evan Williams 1783, Wild Turkey 101, Makers 46. Angels Envy is good too. I bought mine a while back for under fifty, but it may be above fifty now. I am also a huge fan of Smooth Ambler products. Both the Contradiction bourbon and rye are good.

Top Bottom