What's new

10 Bourbons You Can Afford To Drink. Every. Single. Day.

Several have mentioned Evan Williams Single Barrel. To me, the EW bonded is pretty good, as is the regular Black Label. We're talking $10-14 in my neck of the woods.

For around those prices, I only have three that I ever consider buying anymore:

Woodford Reserve

Jim Beam Black (8 year)

1792 Ridgemont Reserve

To my palate, none of bourbons you've mentioned compare to the three I've just listed. That's just my preference.

If we're talking $30-$40 my list includes woodford reserve, four roses single barrel, and eagle rare.

Always. If you can't drink it neat, it's not good whiskey.
Even though I'm a neat whiskey lover, there are a few that open up nicely with a splash of distilled water.

Also, of you Costco members aren't already aware, Buffalo Trace goes for $19.99 a bottle there. You didn't hear it from me...

Weller's 12 Year Old, Old Forester Signature, best whisk(e)y for the money is Bourbon from what I observe. I never add anything to whisk(e)y although sometimes I pour distilled water into the glass, swirl it about, drink the water, and give the glass a shake and add the whisk(e)y.

Several have mentioned Evan Williams Single Barrel. To me, the EW bonded is pretty good, as is the regular Black Label. We're talking $10-14 in my neck of the woods.

Allow me to add Evan Williams Small Batch. Very good. Was my second favorite on a tasting of $20-$40 bottles (even though I can get the small batch without cracking $20 sometimes).

The past couple of months I've been going between Weller Antique ($19.99) and the 107 ($23.00) , the Antique has dried up though. Also enjoy Weller 12 ($24) but since it isn't offered in MI , I'm very limited. Usually I'll go with Buffalo Trace ($25) , EH Taylor small batch ($29.99) or Eagle Rare ($29.99)

The past couple of months I've been going between Weller Antique ($19.99) and the 107 ($23.00) , the Antique has dried up though. Also enjoy Weller 12 ($24) but since it isn't offered in MI , I'm very limited. Usually I'll go with Buffalo Trace ($25) , EH Taylor small batch ($29.99) or Eagle Rare ($29.99)
you can get EH Taylor for $30 bucks! I'd drink it forever at that price! it runs 50-70 around here!

Heaven Hill... at under $20 for a handle it's hard to beat. Because it's a little on the sweet side, I tend to use it more for mixing... but it's not bad by itself.

I just finished the bottle of Old Grandad BIB that I had picked up. Loved the high rye content.
Started the bottle of yellow label Four Roses. Not yet ready to make a comment on it.

I really like the Very Old Barton, not found everywhere. Here in Virginia, our choices are sometimes limited, VOB here is $23 for a handle.

Top Bottom