What's new

Best Bourbons Under $50

My staple bourbon is Makers, which I think is better than their 46. I like a bourbon to have some bite. If im after smooth, well then a good single malt scoth is in order.

I light of the huge up roar with micro breweries, I am finding more and more micro distilleries popping up. They are mostly all under $50, so I like trying those.

Technically this counts cause I paid $49.43 for it the other night...
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so I have heard a lot of four roses here. Picked up a bottle of their small batch for about $1 more than my standard makers mark. Wow, fantastic bourbon.... full of flavor but smooth. At that price point it usually is one or the other, not both.

Last edited:
Saw Four Roses, and Elijah Craig and Evan Williams, but the brand new liquor store in town had a full supply of Buffalo Trace. So trying it out tonight... thanks for the recommendations!

Placed a bottle of Basil Hayden in the basket today-$31. Put it back after grabbing a bottle of Angel’s Envy at $41. It used to be the other way around. I might need to try the Four Roses...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Apparently Four Roses Single Barrel and Small Batch bourbons are in high demand and limited quantities available. My local store which used to carry it all the time can't get any right now and they are a big operation with a huge inventory. If you see either one, better buy some as it may become scarce.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
4R update, local store still does not have Single Barrel, but does have Small Batch in quantity.

My go to for under $50 would be Elijah Craig, Evan Williams vintage single barrel, basil hayden (if you can find under $50, otherwise it’s just over)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodford is my #1. Locally a fifth is $35, while a liter is $39. :) I can do math and see the great deal that is.

Second would be Four Roses single barrel, $40 or small batch $30. (Ohio)

Evan Williams bonded is excellent stuff for $18, but a bit on the sweet side. I did just get the black label for $12, which is a smokin deal. Just average stuff, but at nearly half the price of Jack Daniels, and better flavor, a no brainer.

I know its different, but to get a 100 proof, full flavored whiskey for $18, considering a similar scotch is pushing $30, is a great deal. :)

Some I've had... I keep my alcohol <$40 for the most part... Tequila and scotch are the exceptions :)

-Eagle Rare. Sweet, but nice. $36 here, worth it on occasion.
-Evan Williams Single Barrel. Inexpensive and delicious.
-Elijah Craig. Drinking my first glass now, I'll be buying more!
-Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond. $24/L here... Has a bit of heat to it but tasty for such cheap whiskey!
-Woodford Reserve. Good, but better available for less money.

I've had Makers Mark. I wasn't that impressed. I should buy a small bottle of it and give it a second chance though, now that I've had more bourbons.

Top Bottom