What's new

Best Bourbons Under $50

Liquor.com has an article claiming (in alphabetical order) the best bourbons under $50. A few of these I have not heard of or tried.
  • Basil Hayden
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Bulleit
  • Eagle Rare
  • Elijah Craig
  • Evan Williams
  • Evan Williams Single Barrel
  • Four Roses Single Barrel
  • Henry McKenna Single Barrel
  • Lost Republic
  • Medley Brothers
  • Old Forester
  • Old Grand Dad
  • Rowan's Creek
  • Russel's Reserve 10 Year
  • Wild Turkey
  • Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
  • Henry McKenna Single Barrel
  • Lost Republic
  • Medley Brothers
  • Russel's Reserve 10 Year

I haven't tried those, but the others are solid suggestions. Rowan's Creek was something I once tried on a whim, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

It's not like they didn't have anything to work with for that list, mind you. I know bourbon prices have risen dramatically in recent years, but "under $50" hardly cuts to the bone.

I haven't tried those, but the others are solid suggestions. Rowan's Creek was something I once tried on a whim, and I was very pleasantly surprised.

It's not like they didn't have anything to work with for that list, mind you. I know bourbon prices have risen dramatically in recent years, but "under $50" hardly cuts to the bone.

Russell Reserve 10 year is one smooth bourbon.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I just came from the liquor store. I bought a bottle of Knob Creek 100. It was on sale for $28, cheaper than my usual Buffalo Trace which has risen to $29. Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek and Buffalo Trace are my go to bourbons.

13B3B37C-128E-466F-AB7D-3EA40C985328.jpeg

Few dollars over $50.....$55 to be exact, and surely not easy to find.
Killer bourbon. Aged in 5 gallon barrels which brings out a ton of woody flavor.

One of the biggest misses in my opinion is Colonel Taylor - it is hard to find but usually right around the 40 mark. That is the best bourbon per dollar/oz you can find. Also love me bulleit rye in the big bottle for 39.99. Stepping up over 50 i would go with jeffersons reserve.

Oh man, totally forgot about Mitchters, that one should absolutely be on the list. Granted it toes the $50 line pretty close depending on store/mark up but significantly better than some of the stuff on the list....

i was in las vegas last week for work.... angels envy was my drink o' the week while there.. :) pretty good stuff!

I spoke to my BIL today. He worked for Wild Turkey and other bourbon companies. He said there has been a tremendous number of new bourbon companies that have been started in the KY area. He said some are still aging the product but others are in production.

@Acmemfg So was working in Knoxville yesterday and wish I saw your post thrn. In Lafollette tn today and everything from here to North Knoxville doesn't have it. Want a bottle of that and their deals gap one. Where'd you buy yours?

At the distillery....516 W. Jackson Ave. Knoxville
I will hazard a guess that McScrooge’s over off Cedar Hills may have it also.

Top Bottom