What's new

Best adjustable safety razor, your favourite

Personna Precision was made under license from Gibbs. It's different that it takes standard blades and have a beautiful ivory handle and gold color. I been lucky to compare it with my Gibbs. Fabulous razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
both are excellent, i got lucky and had triad made a brass handle for the personna ..
both personnas with triad too 003.JPG

That damn Taiga keeps calling my name! How is the fit and finish? I really like the fact that it's stainless steel and can be field stripped.
Git and finish are great, maybe not top notch, but can’t complain. I just wished that the handle was a little thicker and with more knurling. The OC plate was what it came with and was so satisfied that I haven’t bothered with the SB plate.

Slim Adjustable, owned 3 of them and sold 2. The first one I sold to a friend because I found a re-plated in rose gold in my birth year/quarter to replace the one. Fatboy is another one and it shave pretty much the same as the Slim does. When I acquired the Fatboy there was another Slim in the lot of razors and sold it to the same friend for his SIL for a gift. I don't own any other adjustable razors unless you consider shimming my 34c, Gillette New OC and tech adjustable razors.

I'm a straight razor guy, but back when I used adjustable razors my absolute favourite was the both huge and great Merkur Vision. I can't see that anyone has mentioned it in the thread which comes as a surprise to me.

$vision1.jpg

Personna Precision was made under license from Gibbs. It's different that it takes standard blades and have a beautiful ivory handle and gold color. I been lucky to compare it with my Gibbs. Fabulous razor.

I’m jealous! That’s truly a holy grail razor!

Gillette Slim Adjustable - for my beard and skin type. If Pearl Shaving manages to release a Flexi under 100 grams it could beat the Slim. 60-80 grams would be perfect.

For me it’s a toss up between the Gillette Super Adjustable 84 and the HLS Taiga Ti. If I had to choose I’d go for the Taiga, but I’d be pretty sad about it.

I had a HLS Taiga. Very nice razor, but I sold it after a while. Now, thanks to Putin, I can’t get another in the future should I want to revisit it. Very wide range of adjustment, probably more than anyone would ever need. I now have a Tatara Muramasa. Much narrower range of adjustment, but I find it quite sufficient.
Realistically I would probably be perfectly fine with one of the other current options, but I really wanted some bling.
Jack

Fatboy for me. I only have one, a ‘59. I’ve owned three Slims that I just could not get along with. Ya never know with vintage stuff though. Could’ve been something off with them. As this thread can attest, many people love them.
I have a Gibbs that I haven’t used yet though. Speaking of Gibbs, I have two versions of the homage made by Heritage and they’re decent but, there’s a lot of slop creating pretty significant alignment issues.

Top Bottom