What's new

Best adjustable safety razor, your favourite

I had somehow entirely forgotten that the Karve Christopher Bradley is adjustable. I have one with a B C and a D plate and I've so enjoyed the B plate with a Feather blade that I pretty much forgot about the C and D plate entirely.

The Christopher Bradley is a brilliantly designed and fabulously made razor. Made in Canada by a true craftsman.

Everyone should get one.

I had somehow entirely forgotten that the Karve Christopher Bradley is adjustable. I have one with a B C and a D plate and I've so enjoyed the B plate with a Feather blade that I pretty much forgot about the C and D plate entirely.

The Christopher Bradley is a brilliantly designed and fabulously made razor. Made in Canada by a true craftsman.

Everyone should get one.
Nice razor but like Rockwell it's adjustable like a Wolfman or ATT or Timeless or Charcoal or Ikon or Game Changer is adjustable, ie it's not. It's a razor available with different plates.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't consider multiple plate razors to be adjustable. They are cool for sure, but you can't simply "adjust" them between passes without taking them apart. If it has a knob to turn - whether it's a Fatboy, a Variant or a PAL Injector - it's a true adjustable.

If you have multiple plates, you will usually find one you like best and you'll never bother taking the razor apart in the middle of the shave.

How can a Progress be too bulky and Mergress not? That's quite a trick. I guess you mean you prefer the Mergress balance that the expensive knob gives you..I don't know my (vintage) Progress balances perfectly

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Ooops, I meant the Merkur Futur being bulky not the Progress - good catch of this mix up.
Sorry:blush:

I don't consider multiple plate razors to be adjustable. They are cool for sure, but you can't simply "adjust" them between passes without taking them apart. If it has a knob to turn - whether it's a Fatboy, a Variant or a PAL Injector - it's a true adjustable.

If you have multiple plates, you will usually find one you like best and you'll never bother taking the razor apart in the middle of the shave.

That's probably why it didn't occur to me to consider my Christopher Bradley for this thread.

I'm glad you mentioned the PAL adjustable, a razor that doesn't get enough attention.

Today use Gibbs 17-very comfortable razor. I think if the handle was longer and heavier-a great shave
IMG_6443.jpg

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

I've got the usual Gillette contingent:
Slim
Super Adjustable 109
Super Adjustable 84
Black Beauty

My face apparently isn't big enough for the Fatboy - it feels clunky & awkward. The Slim is my favorite. The 109, 84 and Black beuty all shave well, but aren't anything special until I use them with a Rapira LUX blade.

I own 6 different adjustables. I think for most people, the Progress is the best bet. I love the Fatboy and Slim, but it's not unusual to get them with blade gaps that are a bit off. If you are willing to splurge, the Ambassador is great. I saved for 6 months and just got one.

I have two.

Karve - uses plates to alter closeness. I found the F plate (most aggressiVe) to work the best. Love it as a daily driver. Will never buy from Karve again. Horrible business sense.

Parker Variant - adjustable on the fly. Awesome shave.

I’m looking forward to getting a Taiga when they are back in stock.

Is it true it’s smoother than the Rex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom