What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

96D1A937-B8A3-4E83-BF28-986D2D562E9C.jpeg

Staycation tonight in a fancy downtown Toronto Hotel. Wife and daughter wanted to shop and go for lunch/dinner.

The Beir Markt in Toronto is a good restaurant and is attached to Goose Island’s Toronto brewery. They make some weird IPAs here, so naturally I had to grab a few different ones to try tonight….

3F9F2F4E-6533-4F85-B2FE-4067A1336049.jpeg
5E3742A4-5FFA-40F6-B321-7EE81DCDCD54.jpeg
6D12357D-1EBE-4CB5-B638-AB1ED281F0FE.jpeg

Ok, I generally hate flavoured beers except for the odd Radler. Fruit flavoured IPAs? NEVER.

This peach IPA from a brewery a few miles from my house is excellent. Very hoppy with a slight peach note.

I could drink these all day (wife wouldn’t be happy though!)

Bad pic, but this can is ready to be opened and I only use Yetis at home now. No broken glass, etc. Great wine gets Riedels, but water, milk, pop… Yetis. 👍

26F10594-AB29-4964-81EE-A6EBAB276449.jpeg

IMG_20211109_192647.jpg

Second BOTD
Last Southern Tier Nitro Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout. It is nitro and it says on the can to be poured or drank from the can. It really needs to be poured though. I tried to drink the third from the can and it was very bitter and not enjoyable. Tonight I poured it into my Gießener Brauhaus Stein and it is yummy again.

After years of enjoying beer of all kinds living in Europe for fifteen years and drinking craft beer in the States since 2012, a couple of years ago my tastes changed and I can only drink sweet stouts, ambers, dark lagers, and, German Black beer. IPA I have never liked, but, I did enjoy German Pilsners and doppelbocks. Now I can't touch them. Porters are also now a no go, as is my beloved Barley Wine. Many Imperial Stouts that I used to love I can no longer drink. At least I still love Irish Whiskey and some Scotch.

Encores from last year. The Bell's is just a solid Scotch ale, and the Boulevard is a nice chocolate ale exhibiting excellent color and clarity. I'll post some glassed pours soon.
This reminds me of a meme I saw recently. That the War on Christmas cannot end until Christmas ends it's illegal occupation of November. That being said, enjoy.

^^^
Yep. The local radio station that historically plays holiday music 24/7 until after Christmas starts earlier every year. I caught them in the 2nd week of November, but I think they started on the 1st.

Top Bottom