What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

20210831_101627.jpg

Last of this offering from Dogfish Head. Really liked the honey note.

Most days it's gin but on beer days, like today, it's Dale's Pale Ale. Weirdly, it only comes in a can. I like a good pale ale, but got tired of paying imported prices for USA Bass, and most liquor stores near me only carry Smithwick's Red, not Pale. Dale's may seen a bit more hoppy at first sip than Bass, but it's not overhopped like most craft beers. Plus I can store a 12 pk of cans on the back, bottom shelf of our fridge without my wife complaining that bottles are taking up "her" space on the top shelf.

Most days it's gin but on beer days, like today, it's Dale's Pale Ale. Weirdly, it only comes in a can. I like a good pale ale, but got tired of paying imported prices for USA Bass, and most liquor stores near me only carry Smithwick's Red, not Pale. Dale's may seen a bit more hoppy at first sip than Bass, but it's not overhopped like most craft beers. Plus I can store a 12 pk of cans on the back, bottom shelf of our fridge without my wife complaining that bottles are taking up "her" space on the top shelf.
I'm a big fan of DPA. One I like better from the same brewery is Mama's Little Yellow Pils. Both are great summer beers, and typically aren't overly priced.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I been working my way though a Sierra Nevada Sierra Pack which I guess is exclusive to Costco. It contains four 6pks - Pale Ale, Wild Little Thing, Summer Break, and Tropical Torpedo.

Wild Little Thing is a sour beer - yummy.

Pale Ale was very hoppy, but drinkable.

Now I’m on the Summer Break - which is a session hazy IPA. Tastes a lot like the Pale Ale. Full beer flavor. Drinkable but nothing exciting.

For $34 I doubt I’ll buy it again.

5C258671-C590-4C95-9A27-2B4B9227F1FD.jpeg

Top Bottom