What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2021

Three Floyds Munsterfest. Nice one, but I wish whoever designs this brewery's bottle labels and cartons would be a little less extravagant. It's like trying to solve one of those 3D puzzles...🤔
Ironically, I was thinking the label was awesome and that I'd almost pick it up based on that alone. Strangely, I appear to enjoy fun labels like this on my beers, but very much dislike them on whiskey. Go figure.

I enjoyed some of my FiL's brown ale over the weekend. I need to get my hands on some Marzen/Octoberfest before they disappear.

20210907_110800.jpg

An old, dear friend of mine. Always worth a yearly purchase of at least a 6 pack. South Shore Brewing, Ashland, WI.

I know that feeling. I’m in Maine right now so I’m sampling all the local beers.

Well, you're a couple big steps ahead of me since I was last on the east coast....

One, I've never thought of beer and Tinker Toys together, but it's GOT to be an excellent pairing!

Two, you're at least looking at the right food. I remember sitting in a portside restaurant in Newport, RI reading a menu, looking at steaks, etc., when I said to myself, "what are you doing?!?! This is seafood country, man!" :blink:

20210913_102507.jpg

Excellent.
My introduction to schwarzbiers came fro a friend who served in the military and was stationed in Germany. We were together at a Total Wine where he found some Kostritzer. He told me to get a six, and if I didn't like it, he'd buy it from me.

What I like about them is their sessionability. They break the assumption that all dark beers are heavy or overwhelming. Great flavor, too.

^^^
What are we looking at, jesseix?
The one on the left was a hazy pale ale called Rocket People, and then a double dry hopped hazy DIPA called Finally Open in Anaheim. They brew a lot of things at their different locations that don’t make it into stores, so I like trying those out whenever possible (I think this is the third of their locations I’ve been to).

I’ve been noticing your glassware in the last couple photos @Black Adder, did you get the Spiegelau set that has 4 different types? I was just recommending that to a friend yesterday who’s looking for some new beer glasses.

Top Bottom