What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the KBS aged, MrLara? I think ageing really helps.

The Stone looks good; like a rich, unfiltered orange juice!

Don
that picture was taken a week ago. it was only aged since last march. I still have two left on the bottom of the fridge. And that stone was great. I wish i had bought more of those. The total wine that i got it from only had 3 six packs. i bought two of them, because i didn't want to be that guy that bought them all. Maybe i should have in this instance.

that picture was taken a week ago. it was only aged since last march. I still have two left on the bottom of the fridge. And that stone was great. I wish i had bought more of those. The total wine that i got it from only had 3 six packs. i bought two of them, because i didn't want to be that guy that bought them all. Maybe i should have in this instance.

Oh, Heavens to Betsy.... Don't EVER let that bother you. My beer amigos and myself do it a lot! We swoop in like Visigoths bent on total plunder sometimes....

I might get the stinkeye from some here, but KBS to me seems kind of pedestrian, meaning in this instance almost indistinguishable from other barrel aged stouts. I aged one for two years and the results were surprisingly good.

Don

I finally get to try this:
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well....???
I don’t believe I have sampled any RR brews...

It’s pretty damn good. I still wouldn’t stand on line for hours to sample it. This is the first year they have bottled it. Only sold at the pubs.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

612DFBAA-CD7F-4340-8322-61C236E05A92.jpeg

E2211189-32D5-42E2-845D-30F3308FE57C.jpeg

Two good ones this evening. The first, Horus Deepest shade was great. 15% barrel aged sipper. The second was very good, but suffered from the comparison: Evil Twin Even More Jesus. Thinner mouth feel, 12%, hoppier.

Any of you gentlemen in Lousiana? I'm in abbeville, and will be in the new Iberia tomorrow and a few other cities on Friday. Any good beer to look for?

I like ipas, barley wines, hefeweizen, saisons, i just got into berliner weisser beers.

Any of you gentlemen in Lousiana? I'm in abbeville, and will be in the new Iberia tomorrow and a few other cities on Friday. Any good beer to look for?

I like ipas, barley wines, hefeweizen, saisons, i just got into berliner weisser beers.

Sorry... not in Louisiana, and it'd be one heck of a commute for me. My advice? Look local. Historically, beer has been very regional in nature, with some small towns locked and in love with the local brew house.

DSCN1072.JPG

Of porters I seek, this is definitely in the top 5. More fruit from my buddy's trip to Milwaukee, which kind of turned in to a supply run for me! The pint glass was an added bonus.

Don

FA8FA451-9F75-45E0-A55A-0DC47AB58D79.jpeg

Traffic in SWFL this time of year is a bear. Best bet if you finish work at 5 and have a bridge to cross? Grab a beverage and get some dinner, then cruise on home. This NE DIPA is from NE Iowa and it was really nice!

add: Traffic is still backed up at 7:45 PM

Last edited:
5BF80996-8A4F-4C56-BDCC-6154F3F532BA.jpeg
Jester King Meowzah! I like Farmhouses, but this bitter/sour Farmhouse isn’t for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom